DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Durango had several issues because of a faulty BCM (Body Control Module). The dealership (not Dodge) has ordered the part and should be installing it today. According to them, the only thing that will not function is the keyless entry because it needs to be programmed. They apparently can't do that, so they are refering me to the Dodge dealer (an hour drive at todays fuel prices!). I am wondering if there is a way that I can program this. I know that on most aftermarket alarm/keyless entry systems you can do a large portion of the programming via the remote. Am I stuck going to the dealer for this? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Although I'm sure the dealer would be happy to charge you $$ for this, you should be able to do it yourself. I've done it before, but I can't remember the exact procedure (turning key off and on a couple times, etc.) The procedure should be in your Owners Manual though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
bamf_shadow said:
My Durango had several issues because of a faulty BCM (Body Control Module). The dealership (not Dodge) has ordered the part and should be installing it today. According to them, the only thing that will not function is the keyless entry because it needs to be programmed. They apparently can't do that, so they are refering me to the Dodge dealer (an hour drive at todays fuel prices!). I am wondering if there is a way that I can program this. I know that on most aftermarket alarm/keyless entry systems you can do a large portion of the programming via the remote. Am I stuck going to the dealer for this? Thanks!!!
I believe you can only program a second or third fob yourself *With a currently working fob on your truck*. If you don't have any fobs currently working, the dealer has to get involved. You need the working fob to get the system into programming mode.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
What year is this Durango. I'll take a look at my owners manual it its the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.