DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I go and break things that I don't know for sure how to remove I think i'll ask. How do you remove the air vent covers, trim pieces around the window and lock controls and the little rings around the locks themselves? Thanks!

·
Registered
589 Posts
AIr vent covers are easy. Just unscrew the screw in the hook thingy and pull the center bezel out. As for the locks. I just take off the whole door and pop them out through the back
Batman

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
805Batman said:
AIr vent covers are easy. Just unscrew the screw in the hook thingy and pull the center bezel out. As for the locks. I just take off the whole door and pop them out through the back
Batman
Take off the whole door?? Sounds like a lot of work.

·
Registered
589 Posts
MIgh be an easier way to do it but I take off the whole door so I can squeez the clips that keep it in place. you can try poping it off the front but you mught break it.
Batman

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
Ok Im guessing that you are going to painting these items. As for the AC vents just take a flat head screwdriver and towards the middle push the handle upwards so the screwdriver pushes the middle piece down. As for the door parts, simply unscrew the screws that are on the door lift the door panel upwards and then once off you will see the door pieces to take off.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
You can pop the door lock surrounds off with your fingers actually. Same thing with the door controls. Or get a flat head screwdriver, cover it with some electrical tape and slide it under the edges. Pop it up gently and they will all come right off.

Or remove the door panel,as said above, which is simple as well. One bolt behind the door handle, use a phillips or a 10mm I think and unbolt it. Then undo the screw in the "Sail Panel" near the window. After that, I think there are maybe 4-5 screws on the bottom door edge. Take the Grab handle and pull up and out gently. Then you can reach around and unhook the module wiring clips and then push the pieces out. But I still say its easier to just pop them loose and unhook them.

KB

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys! :tup:

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
scans007 said:
For which model? For the 1500 it just popped right out without unscrew'n anything...... :cool:
you sure you didnt leave a screw in there ?

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,470 Posts
How did you paint those door trim pieces scans 007, what paint and did you prime, how many coats... details please, this is gonna be my next project after hooking up my tweets this weekend in the dash.

Thanks
-David

·
Registered
175 Posts
Best way to remove the radio bezel is to:

remove the trim panel beneath the steering wheel (2- torqux(sp?) screws)
once you get the screws out the panel will pull off
remove the screw by the little hook thing
gently pull the whole bezel off. It should only take about 5-10 minutes at most.

dan

·
Registered
247 Posts
schawks73 said:
How did you paint those door trim pieces scans 007, what paint and did you prime, how many coats... details please, this is gonna be my next project after hooking up my tweets this weekend in the dash.

Thanks
-David
Well since paint, primer, time would cost 30 + I just bought them off ebay for 25 bucks :D They are just molded covers......fit like a glove too. They have all diff colors. I'm gonna get one for the over head display too I think. I just wanted to try these out first to see if they are junk. They aren't top notch, but they aren't complete junk either....

Everyone that sees them in person loves them.

Overhead
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=130022933465&ih=003&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

Center bezel
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

Doors
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...30020295316&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
DaytonHEMIRAM said:
Best way to remove the radio bezel is to:

remove the trim panel beneath the steering wheel (2- torqux(sp?) screws)
once you get the screws out the panel will pull off
remove the screw by the little hook thing
gently pull the whole bezel off. It should only take about 5-10 minutes at most.

dan
Yea I never noticed you the one under the steeringwheel had screws until the bottom snapped off because the whole got bigger than the screw....

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I just grab that flap and pull it down. I dont ever unscrew it, never had a problem before.

KB

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schawks73

Thanks
-David

Well since paint, primer, time would cost 30 + I just bought them off ebay for 25 bucks They are just molded covers......fit like a glove too. They have all diff colors. I'm gonna get one for the over head display too I think. I just wanted to try these out first to see if they are junk. They aren't top notch, but they aren't complete junk either....

Everyone that sees them in person loves them.

Overhead
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...TRK:MEWA:IT

Center bezel
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...s_promot_widget

Doors
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...AMEWN:IT&rd=1
Are those the doubled sided stick on kind? ive heard they look cheap but looking at your door panels in the pic, they look dam good... but its just a pic too.

-David

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
KB112 said:
I just grab that flap and pull it down. I dont ever unscrew it, never had a problem before.

KB
Idk, I have always done that but 9 months later the damn thing falls to the floor, I had to bang the plastic back to keep the hole shape for the screws.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.