DodgeTalk Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Now, let just say oops you got excited and did not turn over the engine so both valve are closed. No big deal ! ! !

Install the rockers as usual only, get the bolts just started. Now push down on the back of the rockers and you will see how one will be higher than the other.

Note: Push on the back as to make sure the push rods stay in place.

Turn over the engine until both of the rockers are level. You will feel it in the rocker. Once they are both level hand tighten the bolts and continue as normal.

Attachments

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Next thing you know all of the rockers are installed.

Attachments

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Now time to put your valve covers back on.

Putting the valve covers back on is straight forward I had only one problem. The air conditioning caused a clearance issue to put the valve cover back on. The cover would not seat on the drivers side.

Attachments

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The problems was with the rockers both level there was not enough room to put the valve cover. Easy remedy, turn over the engine until the first valve is open and the rocker is down.

Attachments

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Also, make sure to put the studs the right way down and don’t do like I did and put the washer side up and wonder why my socket would not fit.

Attachments

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
There was go the valve cover fit just nicely. Don’t forget about those wire looms and the loops to hold the wire harness in place.

Attachments

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Now take your time and button everything back up install the vacuum lines and wires, injector connectors…

Install your spark plug wires…Check and double check that everything is re-connected.

Attachments

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You are done…start it up and enjoy.

If it runs rough you might have mixed up your plug wires. Check and double check. Firing Order:

Attachments

21 - 28 of 28 Posts