DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased the color factory running boards and the directions that came with them are bad. Poor illustrations.
Can anyone help?
I'm not sure where they get fastened to. I see there is a black plastic strip that runs under the doors. I assume that it has to be removed. Then where do I fasten the large brackets that point upward? And there's this strange bolt and nut that came in a seperate bag. Can anyone explain?

Thanks

Bob

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wait and see if Gary (Hemi X 2) chimes in soon. He has some experiance with the running boards and nerf bars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bob

The strange looking bolt is used to set the "crush" sleeves on the
nuts that get inserted into the holes in the frame. The instructions are very
clear as to the torque setting that is used to insure you have set them properly. I can't type long enough to explain how to do this.

If you have ever used any expanding anchors these nuts work under the same basic principle. You will need 1 wrench to use as a holdback on the nut
and the torque wrench to turn the bolt head. As you do this you will compress the sleeve which "sandwiches" the nut to the frame.

After you have done that then you can set the board up there and thread
the bolt in--but keep them loose until you have started all the bolts.

The plastic strip should be removed before you do anything. There are conventional nuts and bolts that will be used in the lower rocker panel.

I hope this helps
Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.