DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did the locker hardwire and the manual smart bar conversion on my 2005 Dodge Power Wagon, I should have done this sooner as it nice to have lockers in 4 high and also rear locker in 2wd. So my question is has anyone figured out a way to get the Service 4wd light out besides getting behind the instrument cluster and pulling the bulb out, I have been trying to read up on the wiring schematics to fool the light to turn off but no luck yet.

·
Registered
267 Posts
First off, there is no "bulb", it's an LED on a circuit board, more than likely. Short of taking it apart and painting it black, I'm not sure how you would defeat it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The warning light is doing what it is supposed to, which is indicating what the PCM sees as an error condition, caused by the modifications you made. Changing that interpretation, or even just turning off the indicator, would require modifying the PCM firmware, which is beyond the scope of most shops.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The main reason for going with the locker bypass was that the sensor in the rear locker was malfunctioning causing my service 4wd light to come on and off for the last six months, it also prevented my lockers staying locked when four wheeling and now I can hit all the harder obstacles on the trails which is more fun fun fun!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts