DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RELOCATE YOUR INTAKE SENSOR!!!!! i just did this and it Woke that 5.2 up BIG TIME!

i have 22's and it lights them up now NO PROBLEM!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DO IT! it takes 10 minutes to do!

·
I R SMRAT.
1,622 Posts
I 2nd the gas mileage question. Wonder if this would work in an air-hat style intake. I have a 14X3" round element style intake.

I wonder what element of the relocation causes the power gain. Maybe air temp?

·
Brian
358 Posts
Hmm, I guess it depends on what Intake you have? I relocated my IAT into my K&N Intake and really didn't see much difference.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
look's good . the wire's were long enough that's even better . i relocated mine all over the place so far the best place has been the fender well reading outside temp's . had to extend the wire's . when the pcm see the cooler temp's it add's fuel and slightly adv. the ignition . do the crank sensor mod that will pep her up .

on a diff note how u like the ebay intake . was looking at them just for the air hat .could u post a pic of the hole intake . quality , fittment ect......

here's a link if u havent seen it has usefull info.........http://v8performance.com/tipsandtricks.htm

·
I R SMRAT.
1,622 Posts
look's good . the wire's were long enough that's even better . i relocated mine all over the place so far the best place has been the fender well reading outside temp's . had to extend the wire's . when the pcm see the cooler temp's it add's fuel and slightly adv. the ignition . do the crank sensor mod that will pep her up .

on a diff note how u like the ebay intake . was looking at them just for the air hat .could u post a pic of the hole intake . quality , fittment ect......

here's a link if u havent seen it has usefull info.........http://v8performance.com/tipsandtricks.htm
What is this crank sensor mod you speak of? I looked on that link: lot of good info there! Didn't see the crank mod though.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
HERE'S A LINK to that mod . dont do it unless u have a 180 stat .dont notch the bracket in both direction's . notch only the side that allow's it to move toward's the oil filter . http://www.bionicdodge.com/Download/Curing The Death Flash.pdf

any question just ask ill help .

pic's pic's intake ebay plzzzzzzzz

·
I R SMRAT.
1,622 Posts
Muchos gracias senior! I do have a 180 t-stat and I'm thinking I better swap out my Champions for the colder Autolight plugs as well. I'll probably relocate my AIT sensor at the same time for even more of a gain.

How much pep did the mod give you, Dodgepickup? I've never driven or riden in a non-death flash truck so I have no comparison.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
i dont have the death flash either . it woke here up real good . best free mod you will ever do . this is a poor man's programmer .

·
I R SMRAT.
1,622 Posts
Schweet! Now you got me all excited.

...We totally hijacked this thread. Sorry MeanGreen.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
sensor is a pita to get to so remove it when she's cold . after mod listen for detenation , spark knock , pinging all the samething . and enjoy the new found power .

·
Brian
358 Posts
Oh yeah, Im doing this CPS mod for sure. I got the good autolite's and a 180 stat. And I have a 3" Body lift which makes the sensor easier to get to. I am taking the lift off soon though. I think Ill mod my crank sensor before that. :D

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry guys, heres a pic of my intake... i added a tube from autozone that cost me $30 bucks

that wire extension that you see is actually Airrams power wire.

:rck:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Oh yeah, Im doing this CPS mod for sure. I got the good autolite's and a 180 stat. And I have a 3" Body lift which makes the sensor easier to get to. I am taking the lift off soon though. I think Ill mod my crank sensor before that. :D
if u already have a programmer , pcm , be very carefully with this mod . at the very least u could cook your cat . programmer's ect allready adv's the timing across the table's . u just need to read your plug's correctly and list for pinging in the bottom end . rod knock .

meangreen sorry for the hijack . think i like that intake . airhat look's huge . is that 4in pipe ? the bend with sensor is from autozone ? looking at ebay for one but wanted to know the quality of the piece's ?

p.s. u can remove that rubber flap in front of your filter , attached to radiator . it will allow colder out side air to enter engine bay .

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its 3.5 " pipe. im going to go take that S*** off right now

·
Brian
358 Posts
Hey dodgepickup; I only have the Mopar Perf PCM. Its probably not even as rough as a superchips, especially not an SCT (Someday..). I just did the CPS MOD. Haha. I didn't reset my PCM yet(not sure if you need to for this mod). But I went for a test drive and let her warm up and rode with the windows down A/C off. NO pinging or spark knock. It does seem a little peppier, kinda makes it feel like the truck is lighter I guess you would say. Haven't gone WOT yet though.

With my 3" Body lift the job was ALOT easier. Total it took be about 2 hours 15 mins. Not as bad as I had made it out in my mind.

Also, my cat is already cooked lol. Its rattling like a chevy :p In a month or so I'm gonna get a 'real' high flow. Probably magnaflow. Using Cat. Co now.

Well I guess I've Hijacked now too eh? Sorry. :D

·
Urban Wheeler
415 Posts
Doesn't the computer "learn" the new air temps and eventually negate any gains? Seems to me that should be the case..

·
Brian
358 Posts
I agree with smurf. I imagine that is why I didn't feel any difference. Although, the IAT sensor DOES stay a little cleaner while its in your air intake. I pulled mine out prior to fixing my plenum gasket and it was COVERED in oil. Whereas in my K&N its nice and shiny still :)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
PIMPINA5.9----glad u gotter done . did u drill another hole or slot it? i slotted mine so the one end is open and allows u to slide it tell it hit's the bellhousing . and u do need to remove the rubber grommet . to tell u have slid it as far as she goes reach behind the head and feel the leading edge of the bracket if its past the block u have full adjustment .

89smurf----relocating the iat is based on outside temp's . if its hot u will feel less then when its cold outside .

1 - 20 of 357 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.