DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my pads and rotors a couple months ago and just lately ive developed a slight squeak when braking, anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Did you properly burnish them after installing them? If not you may have a nice shiny pad right now squeaking. Theres always a break in for almost everything, including new breaks;)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I had some odd squeaking back in the day from a set of pads I had on. I picked up a can of disc brake quiet, which is this blue stuff in a can. Took the pads off sprayed the backs with it and it stopped.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I followed a fellow members brake write up and broke them in too. The squeak is only sometimes though

·
Kenneth Robert
574 Posts
Did you put brake grease on the back of the pads when you installed them?

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
Do you put anything on your wheels, like the armorall wheel protectant? I used to do this and for a few hunded miles after my breaks would squeek just before stopping. Then I plasti-diped them so not I never have to go through the embarasment. :D

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Check for any pad contact with rust on the outer and inner edge of the rotor faces, if there is then pull the wheel off and slightly sand the rust down on the front and back.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Why is that always the case? Lol. Nothing after factory seems to feel an sound like factory. I have not kept a car long enough to do breaks lol. I know. But I do plan in keeping my baby for a while.

I would lean towards the new pads need some roughing up. When I do my breaks im ginna order those brembo breaks on autoanything.com. They are only $5000!!! NOT lol.

My Durango did that for first few kilometers. I would just be heavy on the breaks a couple times and it would go away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.