DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what this how to is for. The pic below is a, 'all most' finished project.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First off, you need to open you back end to get your luggage rack off the top of your D. There are two clips at the back that slide backwards off. once there off, you can slide BOTH the front and rear bars off.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once there off. Take the front one and place wooden blocks under the spots you want to drill thru. depending on how many lights you want to put up, you need to measure out the distance between each light hole. the hole will be the center of the light. The holes will more than likely be 11/16 in hole. depending on brand of lights. Once the holes are drilled, (MAKE SURE YOUR HOLES ARE CENTERED)place the lights in and tighten those bolts TIGHTLY. easier to do it when it's off the roof. the other ones to adjust the light itself, just tighten pretty snug. to adj. later.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once the lights are on the rack, slide the racks on the D. (DON'T FORGET TO PLACE THE CAPS ON THE END OF THE SLIDER RACK AT THE BACK!!) Then, sliding the rack ALL THE WAY FORWARD, lock them in place. I used TWO wires.
Start with the Driver's side light. have a LONG (approx 10feet) of wire, tie the end on the ground (blk) wire on the light, stretch it to the last light (far passenger light) and sprend the rubber casing on the wire to twist on the ground wire. Then sprend the center lights (if using more than 2 lights) spred the wire and tie in the ground......

then follow the wire down the luggage rack slot, losen the hex or star screw to place the wire under a little to hold it in place. Run the wire behind or under the rubber trim of the door and then out to the bolt on the inside of the back passenger door. Look at the pics below for better understanding of what i mean by spreading the wires. Use a tool that advance auto or any other auto shop sells a wire stripper/cutter/spreader/crimper.....easiest way is that tool.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once your ground wire is secure, now we start with the Power wire. I had a role of wire that's why its all one wire. But start with the passenger side light, tie the two end together, then stretch to the drivers side light, spreading open the wire, then spread open the other lights if more than one light. tie them in.

once tied in, do the same thing you did with the outside part of the wire path. only this side, (drivers side) from the outside, go in the plastic trim inside where your seatbelt covering goes all the way down to the floor. once you get to the floor with the wire, go under the trim up the side of the drivers seat trim up to the parking break. depending on where you want the switch...make enough to reach where you want it to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coming from your switch, just run the wire out the door, up in to the bay area. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT Tie your power cord straight to the battery terminal. in the pic you'll see where to tire it into inside the Fuse box. Just follow the red wire from the battery. I crimped on an end to my wire and then took the bolt off and put the wire on it. then tighten the bolt back up.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.