DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 2500 5.7L power wagon with a 6” Protech lift, and 35x12.5x20 toyo open country tires. I am only getting about 10 mpg. How can I improve my mpg? I am thinking about lowering it and getting smaller tires.

·
Red Trucker
2,670 Posts
"I have a 2500 with a 5.7, a shitty trans and a lift with big ass tires, how do I get better mileage?" lol.
Even if you put it back to stock height and tires, you still have a 6000+lb 3/4 ton with the smaller V8, the crappy RFE trans and 4.56 gears. MT was able to get a best of 13.5/15 when they tested a stock one back in 2010.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have a 2010 2500 5.7L power wagon with a 6” Protech lift, and 35x12.5x20 toyo open country tires. I am only getting about 10 mpg. How can I improve my mpg? I am thinking about lowering it and getting smaller tires.
This is not an easy question to take seriously, but I see questions like this a lot. Without meaning to sound like a jerk, if you want better mileage, buy a smaller vehicle. You've got a huge lifted truck with horrible aerodynamics, that weighs probably near three tons if not more, with huge tires and a high-drag powertrain creating huge amounts of friction and inertia for the engine to overcome. Seriously, what kind of mileage were you expecting? If you want to improve the mileage, restore it to stock condition, put stock tires on it, change the rear axle to 3.55, and reprogram the PCM to accommodate it. Or buy a 4 cylinder manual Tacoma.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you lately done your spark plugs. That usually helps, and just to let you know, the 5.7 hemi does not get good gas mileage. My dad had the same truck and got the same miles to a gallon with a stock truck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you lately done your spark plugs. That usually helps, and just to let you know, the 5.7 hemi does not get good gas mileage. My dad had the same truck and got the same miles to a gallon with a stock truck
Also what fuel are you using? If you use 89 you will also know the difference in the gas mileage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts