DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to buy some diamond grill inserts, AKA Gutter guards ;) . i was just curious how everyone re attaches a grill. i see these little black stub clip looking things holding on thr stock one but im sure they will not be able to be reused. or will they? any information will be appreciated, thanks guys.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
once you break off the OEM grill slats, they can't be reattached unless you can re-melt the tabs.

·
Registered
370 Posts
once ya take the factory ones off you are screwed, those are little nubs that get melted down to hold it in, ya cant simply snap them on and off, ya either break them off, or get out the dremel and grind them off

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
Go for a grille tech off of ebay - they attach using cable ties right to the OEM slats. Should be easy to do - a neighbor has them on his Maxima -looks ok.

I prefer the street scene inserts - much better quality.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
the first set of inserts i got were the "grille tech" ones from ebay, they dont make them for the valance, just the 4 in the main grille, i cant tell you how disappointed i was in them... i spent the 80 bucks for junk, poor quality, and looked horrible, i had them on for a week, took them off and ordered some street scene inserts.... 100% better in every way, but ya gotta be willing to remove the factory grille

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
anyone know where to get the good billet slat looking ones? i think those look better than the mesh. i did the gutter guard thing and it looks pretty crappy. my suggestion is to get either the street scenes one or get the billet one.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
I got my carriageworksinc.com grilles from gobillet.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.