DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im looking for some ways to get my truck looking like its actually a 4x4 that offroads and not just a 4x4 street queen. i know most of you will say lift it with tires and a bull bar, but what else ive been looking through some pics of your trucks but i want to actually hear what you have to say so give me help.... thanks guys

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
It all depends on how much you want to spend. I've put a lot of money and time into my truck, and it's still not where I want it. A lift and larger tires is a good start. From there you can get fender flares, a winch, you name it.

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
Yup, if you are going on the cheaper side and want the look, get a body lift, some 315's, fender flares, some off road lights (front AND back), a CB antenna, some whitebody shocks with shock boots and a brushguard. It'll look the part and actually be really functional. If you buy new, it'll cost you around $1500 but if your a smart shopper/craigslist whore, you could probably do it for about half that.

Most importantly - you've gotta get some pinstripping, paint chips or a couple small body dings.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Easy....do what I do....get it dirty as hell and never wash it....lol...a few dents in it help also....

·
Registered
807 Posts
Let's start with how much you want to spend. $1000, $2000, $3000...?

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well right now, not that much b/c im trying to buy a house in the next yr but after that theres really no limit. ive been thinking of just doing a 3" bl and leaving the stock tires but i think it will look stupid, what do you guys think

·
CH³NO²
340 Posts
this is the gayest thread ever...

Go get it dirty :p nuff said... You want it to not look like a pavement prancer, but not actually off road the thing...I hear that you can get spray on mud, or do the usual SoCal remedy and get some dirt and mix it up at home and throw it on your truck. People might think you actually ever turned your 4x4 selector...

·
Registered
293 Posts
A body lift with stockers looks worse than a lifted pavement queen.
If you want the 4x4 look, get the spray paint black wagon wheel rims, throw a set of mud tires on it, get the fenders creased and have mud sprayed up on the sides behind the wheels (front and Back)

·
Lovin My Ram
525 Posts
this is what im going with this year

either nitto terra grapplers or cooper zeon tires...which ever is better in some decent mud (so i can cut costs on rims

hitch in front (i have tow hooks) and a winch set up

thats really all u need...but it would look gay if u just left teh winch in there ALL THE TIME

after that GEARS AND A LOCKER woo hoo

but if u want to look "offroad" get a BL and 35 inch tires not really cheap but it will scream offroad

·
I like it gloss black
255 Posts
ok this is what i don't get, I paid alot for my truck and don't want the thing to get all beat to hell like it sounds like some of you do. Yes my truck is lifted 35's and so on and does see dirt not mud unless i can't get around it lol. Why would you take a $28000-35000 and sometimes more truck and beat the hell out of it? I don't get it, I have my rhino and my fours wheelers for that and yes the rhino did cost me alot but shit if something on it get's broken or it rolls i don't care hell it's fun but i just don't get the joy some of you guys get from whoopin the hell out of a new truck. Hell go buy an old one for that then who cares. Please someone inlighten me on this

·
Lovin My Ram
525 Posts
some cant afford 2 trucks(me)
dont have space for 2 trucks (me)
cant afford insurance on 2 trucks (me)
did i mention space?
time?
effort?
money?

its the same reason people buy expensive sh!t

cause they can and they want to i guess

·
CH³NO²
340 Posts
Bah, if you can afford to buy it you can afford to use it. Its a 4x4 truck, it can stand a little mud and grime. I don't try and bust my truck up, I'm not rich. BUT I'm not going to spend a bunch of money on a 4x4 and aftermarket parts to make it look "meaner" and "more aggressive" thats when it just becomes a dick extension. Frankly I don't need one... I like to push some bush and do a little wheeling, camping, exploring, etc. etc. Its not breaking a damn thing...

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
I have a small penis.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
ok this is what i don't get, I paid alot for my truck and don't want the thing to get all beat to hell like it sounds like some of you do. Yes my truck is lifted 35's and so on and does see dirt not mud unless i can't get around it lol. Why would you take a $28000-35000 and sometimes more truck and beat the hell out of it? I don't get it, I have my rhino and my fours wheelers for that and yes the rhino did cost me alot but shit if something on it get's broken or it rolls i don't care hell it's fun but i just don't get the joy some of you guys get from whoopin the hell out of a new truck. Hell go buy an old one for that then who cares. Please someone inlighten me on this
why...because its a truck... i dont ever recall my dad lifting a truck just so it can sit and be polished all day....

i also can afford it, but it depends on your definition of " all beat to hell". I think there is maybe only a select few on this site that actually " beat there trucks to hell"

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
is there any place to wheel in South Jersey? I love living in the Dez

·
I like it gloss black
255 Posts
strtlegal first off after watching the video of you driving your truck, you scare the hell outta me lol. second hell yeah there is in NJ they have some mean spots that I seen truck with 48s get stuck. and lots of sand spots like the pines

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.