DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting here reading the newspaper ads and saw few new CTD for sale, and i was wonder how much i could get for my truck if i sell it to a private buyer, any input would be nice, thanks.

heres a picture of the truck if you haven't seen it yet

Attachments

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Again, price it on NADA.com, look at what they call "Retail" minus about 5%........... and that is pretty close to what it's worth.

NADA is much more representative of what you will actually get in the real market than Kelley Blue Book. The reason is that auto dealers themselves use NADA, not Kelley.

All the mods you have make things more complicated, however.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I was pricing my truck on NADA (just bored at 1am). Anyway, these were the options for the Dodges...

Ram 1500 Pickup-1/2 Ton-V8
• Quad Cab
• Quad Cab "WS"
• Swept SRT-10 (V10, 6 Spd.)
• Sweptline
• Sweptline "WS"

Are the referring to the Sweptline as a regular cab? And what is "WS"?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
I was pricing my truck on NADA (just bored at 1am). Anyway, these were the options for the Dodges...

Ram 1500 Pickup-1/2 Ton-V8
• Quad Cab
• Quad Cab "WS"
• Swept SRT-10 (V10, 6 Spd.)
• Sweptline
• Sweptline "WS"

Are the referring to the Sweptline as a regular cab? And what is "WS"?
"Sweptline" is Chrysler corporate-speak for a regular cab pickup. Has been for years. Although most normal people do not use the term any longer.

"WS" refers to a "work special" or the model below the ST in the Ram food chain.

Interestingly there is no choice for the SRT-10 Quad Cab. Just the regular cab ("Sweptline") SRT-10.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Well I priced mine as the Quad Cab and it was valued at $22,525 with 18500 miles. I only paid $23,900. That can't be right?

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
FreeLantz said:
Interestingly there is no choice for the SRT-10 Quad Cab. Just the regular cab ("Sweptline") SRT-10.
Probably cause I had 2004 selected as the year.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
Well I priced mine as the Quad Cab and it was valued at $22,525 with 18500 miles. I only paid $23,900. That can't be right?
Subtract about 5% from that and you have a pretty good estimate of what your truck could sell for on a dealer's lot right now, bone stock with no history of paint or body repairs. This is what the dealer would be able to ask for it, not necessarily what someone would pay.

Of course trade in value is another story. Probably about $4-5k below the retail value.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
Probably cause I had 2004 selected as the year.
Yeah, of course. For some reason I thought you had an '05 for a second. It's getting late. :)

·
Banned
3,902 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
mine came back as 14,800... which is almost 3000 more than i paid for it...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I've seen a few 02 4x4 rams around here and they are asking anywhere from 13 - 16. Your mods will make it much harder to sell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.