Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am getting two flowtech tubes welded into my dual exhaust and also getting my stock cats removed and having two high-flows welded in. I have gotten an array of high quotes and also people just giving me their hourly rate with no quote.
My question; what is a reasonable quote for this work and how long should it take to do this work?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
Not sure if this helps... but I paid 120 bux for them to cut out my stock Y pipe, weld in a new one including 2x 2' pieces of 2.25 pipe to go in the Y, then they provided a 3" pipe back to my magnaflow muffler which they also welded on after takin off my flowmaster...

so they took off my Y and muffler and welded up a new Y, muffler, about 3' of 3" pipe and 4' of 2.25" pipe for 120bux... and im not "in" with the shop so thats reg price...

-David

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Around here, you're looking at 5 bills.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
That's the ER bill for the black eye.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone else want to chime in???? how long should this task take? I got one quote for $200 one for $250. or various labor rates between 35-70/hr. Wondering if I should take the flat fee or pay hourly?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
dont pay hourly , get a quote
or you'll get screwed some are 30 min some are 3 hours kinda stuff

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey guys, this is Dodgetalk. There has got to be a few more opinions out there

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
It just varies fom place to place. All the shops near me charge $85 to $100 per hour. So the bill gets big quick. If I drive two hours in any direction, they charge $40-$50 per hour.

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
Shop I just went to charged a flat fee for the exhaust I had done... no hourly charges. But that could be different if i was getting something else installed say a Y pipe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.