DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 81 Posts
I think the truck is about $ 225 / 6 months, so that works out to $37.50. I have higher deductables, 500/1000 with full glass. I also have 2 other cars on there so my total is $ 600 / 6 months or $100 / month.

I have my 73 Dodge under classic insurance and its $ 85 / year.

Mine is basically FREE - here's how: 38, married, good credit, clean record, '05 ram 1500, '10 Cadi SRX (wife's of course). $300 for each vehicle every six months for full coverage with max limits with Travelers Insurance through AAA.

I have a AAA credit card that the wife and I charge EVERYTHING on and pay off every month. It gives me a 3% rebate on all pay-at-the-pump gas (max $2/day deducted off monthly bill) and a $50 voucher to be used at AAA for every $5K spent with the card. I usually get 5 to 7 vouchers in a six month period that I take to the AAA office to pay my insurance. The annual AAA membership itself (roadside assistance, gas delivery, store discounts, travel discounts, etc.) is about $100 (no annual fee for the credit card but I think you have to be a member) and the majority of that is probably paid for with the gas savings alone.

I know there are other credit card programs out there that may suit others better but this one sure works for me. Yes, it does take discipline to not overspend and to pay the card off every month and no, credit cards aren't for everyone. I buy what I would normally buy so the only difference is now I get something (quite a bit, actually) back for my purchases.

Discussion starter · #65 ·
whats that equal in American money tho?

mine should drop to at least 90 something, maybe 80 something a month (was like $130 a month)...i'll find out on my next bill.

i had 2 tickets added to my record last dec and this last renewal my ins went down ... Used to pay 235 for 5mo and get 1mo "free" ...now my payment is 165 for the same deal ... 27yr old full coverage

I have a 05 1500 slt 4x4 qc and pay around 60 a monthfull coverage. Im 21 still aon parents policy through progressive

whats that equal in American money tho?

mine should drop to at least 90 something, maybe 80 something a month (was like $130 a month)...i'll find out on my next bill.
About $489 a month in American. With your economy doing so poorly down there I wouldnt be surprised if our dollar passes your soon:D.

I also live in AB, and rates are horrible up here especially if you are under 25(which I am). Luckily I dont pay nearly as much as that. I think he needs to change insurance companies! Unless you have a bad record..

Discussion starter · #69 ·
its crazy that gas, food, taxes, healthcare, phone/cable bills, utilities, etc all go up yet the pay for our jobs stay the same or go down (if your lucky not to be laid off) and the value of our dollar keeps going down...and yet we keep on borrowing money...makes sense to me.

Mine just went up 20 bucks a month for a "hurricane assessment"

Funny we didn't get any this year.

Insurance

I have full coverage with $500 on comp, $1000 collision, clean record and I am 37 and I pay under $60 a month.

125 a month full coverage with USAA, Did a recent quote with StateFarm and gave me an awsome rate of only 98 bucks plus road side etc. Might be switching if USAA cant do better.

I pay about $1100 a year for full coverage for both my '04 Ram and '02 Grand Cherokee. $500 deductible. So I guess it breaks down to about $550 a year or thereabouts for each one. 43, divorced, no tickets in last 10 years or so, no accidents or claims since I was about 21...

I pay roughly $550/6 months for 2 vehicles full coverage and $50k in renters insurance. Broken down it's about $45/month just for my Ram. $500 deductible. USAA. 32 years old and so is the girlfriend.

I pay roughly $550/6 months for 2 vehicles full coverage and $50k in renters insurance. Broken down it's about $45/month just for my Ram. $500 deductible. USAA. 32 years old and so is the girlfriend.
SAY WHAT!!!, For USAA only 45 a month. Must be because Im 10 years younger and live in florida. WTF SIGH......

I know it depends on the city you live in. I used to live in Norfolk across the water and my insurance was $65/month for just the truck. They claim because of the higher rate of accidents in that city...I believe them. That and I only drive less than 5,000 miles/year now.

My parents just moved back to florida and Im still under them to keep a cheaper rate and help them out also. Went from TN rate of 125 to FL rate 150 same plan.

Discussion starter · #79 ·
i just had to post, i'm so happy. paid my ins today. my ins went from $380 every 3 months to $237 every 3 months. so its now only $79 (from $126) a month. now i got an extra $47 a month in my account.

my 05 QCSB 5.7 cost me $2000 a year, about 170 a month for full coverage $1000 deductible, 1 speeding ticket.

funny thing is i went from a Toyota tercel (1.5L) to a dodge ram (5.7L) and my rates went down lol

61 - 80 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.