DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 81 Posts
shit i pay full coverage geico 360 a mounth i dont feel bad for you sorry

I'm 24 and paying $140 a month for my insurance. I don't think my insurance will drop when I turn 25. I've never had any accidents or any tickets what so ever other than 2 parking tickets.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
shit i pay full coverage geico 360 a mounth i dont feel bad for you sorry
i'm not looking for pity or anything like that, just wondering if i'm paying more than i should compared to what others are paying.

for $360 a month....have you had any wrecks or tickets?

Discussion starter · #45 ·
dmcelhannon, the truck isn't paid off yet, i just got it this past dec. i have about $7k left to pay.

dmcelhannon, the truck isn't paid off yet, i just got it this past dec. i have about $7k left to pay.
I understand some of us are making payments and other have the truck paid off. The point I was trying to make is the payments are going to be lower for those of us that do not have payments. So the numbers we see throughout the thread are going to have wide gaps in coverage and premiums. I'm in an area where trucks disappear like cookies at weight watcher meeting; the area is prone to flooding from hurricanes and such; the area is loaded with folks with no insurance from Mexico; and now we have drug-dealers killing each other right here in town. So, I’m sure in-between all of those factors plus the list I have included with the truck, I’m paying the same per month as I did when the truck was new but I have much better coverage.

:)

Discussion starter · #47 ·
i just hope i got about all the coverage they carry for the price i'm paying...lol

its a huge shame that cause of all these illegals/idiots/weather conditions make our insurance go up...

i'm a good driver and never been in a wreak...so it should be less than others that have been or have had a bunch of tickets.

it shouldn't be like $30 or more just cause theres the possibility of tornadoes in tn or cause illegals are everywhere...i'm not to blame for tornadoes/floods or other idiot/illegal drivers so why should i have to pay for things that i have no control over...lol messed up.

me: why is my insurance higher?

agent: well sir, your insurance is $50 more per month cause your in tornado alley and cause joe blow over there don't have any.

me: oh i see, makes perfect sense now.......

I'm 24 I have full coverage on my truck, full coverage on my 03 Grand Am GT, renters insurance, personal liability and $5000 worth of tool coverage and I pay $329 a month. I have 1 speeding ticket on that. A buddy of mine a couple years ago when we were around 21 was paying around $940 a month for his 2000 RC Sierra. He had like 5 tickets.

My ins. did not go down at 25 (but I turned 25 many many years ago), did not go down when I got married.
It went way down when I moved into a more rural area. Less traffic, less chance of pranging into another moving vehicle (livestock is another story).
Also, the credit score is a major factor. Low score = high rates. Another factor: age of your rig. I carry alot of liability, more than most probly, but my truck is titled to my company, and I want to protect my personal assets. I have "stated value" on my rig, so I can cover cost of mods and ancillary equipment.

What I am syaing, is that there are alot of ways to modify your coverage, and they all affect your cost. The best way to do it is thru an independent agent that will sit down and discuss your needs with you.

Mine is roughly $500/year for full coverage, insured as a "recreational" vehicle through the Texas Farm Bureau.

My '06 with full coverage is about $75/mo.

i'm not looking for pity or anything like that, just wondering if i'm paying more than i should compared to what others are paying.

for $360 a month....have you had any wrecks or tickets?[/QUOTE

i know you arent sorry didnt mean for it to come across that way no tickets and one wreck i got hit by a nj transit bus but you have to love the NO FAULT NJ INSURANCE my butt nj sucks everything is so expensive.

Gary

Discussion starter · #53 ·
according to 1 or 2 other posts in here, it seems like nj is high on insurance.

$57.00 a month, full coverage, 100 ded, tow, rental. trucks been paid off, crashed a few chevys back in da day but being 34 i pay way less than the $270.00 a month when i was 20 yrs old, but rollin them chevys was fun and worth it, now i just smoke em.

I pay $700 every 6 months for my 2005 ram and the wifes 2007 magnum. Thats full coverage with double the state minimum and roadside assistance. So I guess its about $50/month for my truck. When I turned 25 last year it dropped by a whooping $7.

btw, Im 25, wife is 28, and its with a $500 ded.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
i'll be 25 Nov 18. Im gonna got to at least 3-4 othere sites and do a free quote online. prolly geico, progressive, state farm and a couple others.

$1400 a year for mine here in Manitoba, and that's with a spotless driving record. And I can't shop around either, the only auto insurance company allowed is owned by the government. You can get added coverage through third party companies if you want, but you have to have the basic through the gov't regardless.

$1400 a year for mine here in Manitoba, and that's with a spotless driving record. And I can't shop around either, the only auto insurance company allowed is owned by the government. You can get added coverage through third party companies if you want, but you have to have the basic through the gov't regardless.
I don't mean to be nosey but ...'the only one allowed'...? Is this because of your job, the area you live, or because the truck is owned by the government?

??? :) ???

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.