DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How much is your truck insurance?

7K views 80 replies 55 participants last post by  03 Rammer 
#1 ·
i have a 07 ram with the 4.7 2wd and i'm 24 and never have been in a wreck and haven't had a ticket in a couple years. i pay $380 every 3 months for full coverage. ive heard of some paying 90-100 a month for full coverage....so if i could pay $300 or less every 3 mns that would be great. this 380 plus 260 a mn payment equals about 385 a mn for my truck and thats a lot for my income...lol any little bit cheaper helps

#2 ·
between the wife (2010 jeep cherokee) and me (2008 4.7 qc) we pay 212 a month but my driving record is pretty bad, hers is good

#3 ·
Take heart, when you turn 25 your ins. rates should go down considerably. Check with your agent/company and do a little shopping around. I pay 94.00/mo with RV/Trailer coverage inc. and my truck payments are way higher than yours. I am also way older and can afford my payments at this time of my life. :D

#16 ·
I wish, i just turned 25 and my insurance didnt drop a dime. I asked USAA about this and they said they dont do that anymore.

EDIT: Also my wifes recent couple of tickets is why we pay around 300 a month for insurance on my truck and her new car. Also that rate doubled when we moved to Northern California from Albuquerque, NM.

#5 ·
yeah $225 instead of $380 every 3 mns would be great. i'm sure i can find something cheaper. i was told it would go down at 25, i just wonder how much.

if it weren't for that almost $400 chunk every 3 months...i'd actually be able to add more stuff to my truck and live more comfortable.

at least the truck payments will be gone in about 2 yrs. reason they are so low is my mom got me 3.9% through her work. if i can hang in there 2 more yrs...then that's an extra $260 a month i'll have..lol

#6 ·
I have my '05 Ram Quad Cab 4x4 and my '98 Durango 4x4 on full coverage with Geico and pay $563 every 6 months. Thats a little less than $94 a month. It was $443 every 6 months, but my wife backed the Durango into someone :(

#8 ·
I have State Farm for our home, 2 vehicles, and 2 life insurance policies. It helps that I am over 25 with a clean driving record but it boils down to about $62 a month for my truck. My wife's Suburban is $87 a month but her record is not as good as mine.

If you are over 25 and have a clean record, you should not be paying more than $85 a month for full coverage ($500 deductibles with uninsured and rental).

Shop around and then take the information back to your first choice and see what they can do.

#10 ·
Coverage for my '06 Hemi Ram is $513.48 / 6 months ($85.58 / month). That's for full coverage and includes towing, roadside assist, rental reimbursement, medical expenses, and a small life insurance policy in case I got killed in a car crash. Identical coverage for my wife's Suburban is $365.41 / 6 months ($60.90 / month).

My driving record is spotless and I'm 42 so my rates are pretty decent. It also doesn't hurt that my insurance for my home, my wife's truck, my camper, and my blanket policy are all through the same company.

My advice to you is to check with an insurance broker. They represent multiple insurance companies and will shop the best price for you. Don't be sucked in by gimmicks like Progressive's suggestion that they'll tell you their competitor's price. Also, shop your coverage every couple years. Insurance companies have a bad habit of nickel and diming you which cause the price to go up over time.

#11 ·
i'm on my dad's insurance but he has me as the driver instead of him so mine is $103 per month. would be cheaper if he put himself as the driver but i guess its alright seeing as im only 21 and have had an accident

#12 ·
let's see... 03 ram 1500, 08 TnC, 07 Yamaha and i pay about 600 every 6 with full coverage on everything. neither one of us has had an accident since 04. everything i have is insured thru USAA. i believe a lot of it has to do with location tho. when i was originally supposed to go to Alaska, i checked rates on my bike.. JUST the bike... was $2000 a year!!! on a sidenote, when i turned 25, my rates went up instead of down and i had nothing change. no accidents, no vehicle changes... it only went up $1 a month but still.... when i got married, THAT's when it dropped. my rates went up a wee bit when i moved here compared to South Dakota. an extra 30-40 every 6... i think......

good luck getting lower insurance. i need to look around again and make sure i'm gtg.

#24 ·
i'm at 244.00 a month with my 08

#14 ·
yall helping me see the light, i know i can find cheaper.

#15 ·
The wonders of Northern Alberta, Canada. I used to pay 660 a month for just my truck....switched to TD Insurance now am paying 366 a month and they just dropped it 45 dollars....so 321.00 a month im 22 years old....you aint got it bad.

#18 ·
You Canadians have it bad!

Anyway, I used to have Allstate it was $245 a month for my wife and Me for our Tahoe LTZ and Ram truck. We switched to 21st Century and now its less then half of that with the same coverage.

#21 ·
$300 a month for 3 trucks full coverage, and my and my girl on it, im 23 and she is 20

#22 ·
:bawl: i payed 900 euro a year for my 1500 that at change in this moment are 1200 usd.-And must pay full year or 6 months.
Coverage only on damages to others cars, peolpe, and things,and passengers in my truck.....
And i'm lucky full price for a ram is around 1200-1400 euro :mad:

#25 ·
Between the Jeep and the truck 1156 a year

#26 ·
full coverage: 90 bucks with some change..

truck payment: 260 with some change..

370 total a month.

I'm 21, with 1 ticket...and a tint tail light ticket lol

#28 ·
54 yrs old, married, PW ($68), Jeep GC ($62), 2 sport bikes($36 & $24). Total $191 a month from State Farm. Plus they have my house too.

When I was 25. My insurance got cut in half. Then I married a few month later. It go cut in half again. :D So, I when from $1800 a yr, to $900 a yr, to $450 a yr. In less then a 4 month span. LOL :D Things have changed now. Plus, now they look at your credit rating too. The lower your rating. the more you pay.

#29 ·
I was waiting for some Canadians to chime in.

I'm 21 in British Columbia and I pay $730 every 3 months.

Back when I was in Saskatchewan I used to pay about $1300 for 1 whole year. I miss that.

#30 ·
45 a month on my 07 qc 4x4 hemi and 32 a month on my wifes 07 awd chrysler pacifica. It went down a ton when I turned 25 (i'm 26 now as is my wife). That's full coverage 1000.00 deductible. We own them both outright so I figure if a wreck costs less than a grand to repair i'd pay for it out of pocket anyways. Saves quite a bit a month though. And as mentioned above, credit score plays a big role in insurance now. Ours is through allied.

#31 ·
I have Statefarm and pay only 291 every six months thats with Full coverage and only 250 deductables. I am 32. Just so you know insurance only really looks back 3 years for the price of your rate. They can still see farther back though. Never heard of an insurance company checking your cedit, my mom has been an agent for as long as I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.