DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I'm thinking about selling my truck. It is the truck in my signature. It is a laramie. Heated mirrors, two tone grey suede and black leather, fog lights, dual climate, and almost every option except for heated seats. It has 34.5x 12.5 BFG all terrains, they are almost brand new. MB Motoring 18" aluminum rims. It is dark blue with silver which looks really sharp with the rims.

Here is why I'm not sure what to price it at. My dad was only giving me so much money for a first truck so I found one that was screwed up and planned on fixing it when I got the money. It had many engine problems so I just bought a complete engine out of the exact same model dodge that was wrecked with 32k miles on it and swapped it out. My truck has 111k miles on it except for the engine including injectors, cylinders, etc. It runs great, no problems whatsoever. The only reason I'm thinking about selling is because I need more truck. So what do you think?

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
If you have a CTD in it you won't find much more of a truck out there anywhere....
Why don't you fill out your sig and give us all the details about the truck in addition to the aftermarket stuff you already mentioned.....

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
So, what more are you looking for in a truck? Or, are you just wanting something new?

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Pictures? I don't see no pictures

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Um, I didn't mean more engine by that. I am going to get a 06 or so dually with a 6 speed. I pull too much and don't like it for pulling because of the short bed, and sitting up so high there isn't much clearance with a gooseneck and I have come close to crunching my bed up a few times at rodeos.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Gotcha. You will see dealers selling them in the low $30000 range. Realistically though you can buy a new one for close to that so I would say high 20s since it's an 05 if it's not beat up......

·
Registered
491 Posts
do you have a leveling kit on that?

·
Registered
595 Posts
definately.. bro you should be able to get a left over NEW 07 5.9 CTD w/ 6spd manual for $14k off list.. just look around and if you sell your truck for low $20's you can get a new 07 for close to $30k

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
bpunk360 said:
definately.. bro you should be able to get a left over NEW 07 5.9 CTD w/ 6spd manual for $14k off list.. just look around and if you sell your truck for low $20's you can get a new 07 for close to $30k
bro? Did you look at HER name? :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, it doesn't have a leveling kit. I'm in southeast Ok. Lol. It's fine, there probably aren't that many chicks on here so I can understand.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Ok well I am in the North East, looking for something closer.. Thanks anway.

30k? Is that for a 2wd reg cab? Where can you get a new CTD for 30K? I just looked at the 5-Star dealer and a 2005 2500 with 39k is selling for $31,000 which is the NADA value , they had a silver 06 5.9 6sd with 8,000 miles and said it is more.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Ryan2589 said:
Ok well I am in the North East, looking for something closer.. Thanks anway.

30k? Is that for a 2wd reg cab? Where can you get a new CTD for 30K? I just looked at the 5-Star dealer and a 2005 2500 with 39k is selling for $31,000 which is the NADA value , they had a silver 06 5.9 6sd with 8,000 miles and said it is more.
I'd like to know to LOL. I payed $37k for my 04 with 55k miles...I am in canada but still 30k for a new diesel is nothing. I do agree with wanting a standard for pulling, so much more control. IMO when your selling your truck, unless the engine you put in was a brand new motor from Cummin's, I would NOT say anything when your selling, 120k and engine problems on a Cummin's will scare a lot of people away or not want to pay as much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mocho said:
I'd like to know to LOL. I payed $37k for my 04 with 55k miles...I am in canada but still 30k for a new diesel is nothing. I do agree with wanting a standard for pulling, so much more control. IMO when your selling your truck, unless the engine you put in was a brand new motor from Cummin's, I would NOT say anything when your selling, 120k and engine problems on a Cummin's will scare a lot of people away or not want to pay as much.
I don't want to tell people about it, but I'd like to be honest. There are absolutely no problems with it so I don't see how it would hurt not to tell about the engine swap. What's everyone think?

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
If you can't tell while looking at the engine compartment then I wouldn't tell anybody about it.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
Got Diesel? said:
If you can't tell while looking at the engine compartment then I wouldn't tell anybody about it.

you guys wouldnt care if you paid out the arse for a truck like this and come to find out its not matching #'s? i would be pissed but i guess thats just me :crazy:

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you can't tell............

rb513 said:
you guys wouldnt care if you paid out the arse for a truck like this and come to find out its not matching #'s? i would be pissed but i guess thats just me :crazy:
If you can't tell it has an engine swap, or do not check the numbers for yourself, then you did not do you're research. Who buys a vehicle these days without at least running a carfax report and checking the numbers?? I know I don't.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Tell people the truth and let them decide, whether there was no problems or not you will have to sell it for less than normal. Like having a car re-painted it lowers the value. Just tell people up front to avoid problems down the road.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.