DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much Hp the (545RE transmission) can handle ? As there seem to be no beefing this one up . . . . . Anyone know ?

· ASE approved
8,880 Posts
stock it can handle about 330 RWHP without issues. but there are som trannys being built that will handle about double that if you now where to look.

· Registered
28,764 Posts
Most of the transmissions have held up to about 330-350rwhp...after that, you are asking for trouble. Sharadon Performance has been doing built transmissions for us that have held up to BIG HP numbers. Their blown 392 is making over 500rwhp and taking it fine. Their tranny is also behind wbw1's stroker that is making almost 600rwhp on spray.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You mean , like the RAMZILLA ? but thats a 4 speed auto . . . Not that I wouldnt get one if need be . . . . Its worth loosing a 5th auto gear , for a Tranny that can handle 800 hp . . . Its basicly the one they used in the SRT 10 , but beefed up . . . . But is there any thing for the 5 speed auto ?

· Registered
28,764 Posts
gtbradford said:
You mean , like the RAMZILLA ? but thats a 4 speed auto . . . Not that I wouldnt get one if need be . . . . Its worth loosing a 5th auto gear , for a Tranny that can handle 800 hp . . . Its basicly the one they used in the SRT 10 , but beefed up . . . . But is there any thing for the 5 speed auto ?
Their stage II is a modified 545RFE with upgraded clutched, extra clutches, modified valve body, and a few other tweaks.

Their stage III is called a 58RFE...It is still a 545RFE, but they are using the diesel clutches and an even better valve body for much faster shifts. They are also having an end of teh year sale on these, so you can save $100 on the stage II or save $200 on the stage III.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow ! Rite on ! . . I was told there was no hope for our 5 speed auto's . . . . I want to check this out . . . Is there a pricing online ? . . Hey thanx again . . . . :rck:

· Registered
28,764 Posts
"Anyone that want's a Stage II transmission, the same one that PH is running, can buy that option for $2000. That's a $150 savings with your choice of a Stage II or Stage III valve body. If you want the Stage III transmission, the same one that I'm running, you can buy that option for $2450. That's a $200 savings and only comes with a Stage III valve body. The Stage II valve body is more street friendly than the Stage III. A refundable $900 core charge is not included in the price and you must pay shipping both way's."

This is a direct quote from Hemidup...he is one of the guys that actually builds these transmissions for us. I used to have the stage II, but am upgrading to the stage III to back up the 370" stroker they are doing for me.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How much Hp will the Stage II handle again ?

· Registered
28,764 Posts
gtbradford said:
How much Hp will the Stage II handle again ?
There isnt really a set hp that each will handle. To keep these transmissions running there are certain driving habits that you will need to learn. Try your best to stay out of 4th gear especially if you have f/i or nitrous. Also, avoid any WOT downshifts...the downshift into 2nd prime is an instant killer for most setups.

That said, the Stage III has held up to a few 2nd prime downshifts on both of the powerful trucks I mentioned above. For the couple hundred dollar difference, it is a no brainer because the stage III is a hundred times better.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But I thought you said it wasnt street friendly ? . . . Like every day driving . I mean if it barks 2nd , I dont have a problem with that . But if it is for strick racing , as I am a daily driver ( street ) , than thats why I was asking about the Stage II .

· Registered
28,764 Posts
gtbradford said:
But I thought you said it wasnt street friendly ? . . . Like every day driving . I mean if it barks 2nd , I dont have a problem with that . But if it is for strick racing , as I am a daily driver ( street ) , than thats why I was asking about the Stage II .
It will shift fast and the WOT shifts are going to be very strong. If you dont mind a 2nd gear chirp, then you will be fine with the stage III.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry about my spelling (Strict) !

· Registered
5,718 Posts
The Stage III valve body doesn't exactly chirp the tires in the 1-2 shift. It bangs it hard though due to the application of the 2nd gear clutches. I could actually get the 2-3 shift to chirp the tires under light acceleration when we were still doing R&D on the Stage III. The reason the tires would chirp was because the 2nd gear clutches weren't totally released before the overdrive clutches engaged. We slowed down the 2-3 shift so that it's just firm and fast without the tire chirp.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah ? cuz I thought "teh" was sum new part , I didnt know about . . . Ha , ha . . . . All good . . . . . So Stage III , huh ? . I will be happy with that ? Good . . . Do you know what the total cost is ? and can I use an " EDGE" torue converter with that ?

· Registered
5,718 Posts
gtbradford said:
Yeah ? cuz I thought "teh" was sum new part , I didnt know about . . . Ha , ha . . . . All good . . . . . So Stage III , huh ? . I will be happy with that ? Good . . . Do you know what the total cost is ? and can I use an " EDGE" torue converter with that ?
The Stage II and Stage III valve bodies alone, sell for $325 shipped in the lower 48. These do not come with a solenoid pack so you have to install your's once you recieve the Sharadon valve body. A refundable core charge is not included in the price.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey HEMIDUP ! . . . Do you know if "SHARADON" makes a Forged 6.1 block ? . . And if so , is it Billet ? or what ? . . . . Thanx Bro

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.