DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Superchip tuner and was quite shocked of the difference mainly in shifting. I know a 4.7L comes stock around 230 correct? Now how much HP do yall think I gained with my 01' 4.7 club cab?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
S/C on 93 tune is the greatest!! 230 is at the flywheel. Rear Wheel your looking at closer to 175ish. I think SC adds about 10-15%. Part of that depends on other mods as well.

·
Registered
240 Posts
From Superchips site

Attachments

Reactions: grpht03ram

·
Registered
215 Posts
Those gains are through a Manual Transmission though, im sure, i'd say 10-15 HP and torque at best through an Auto. The main difference your feeling is the shifting and revving higher before shifting, i cant tell a difference between econo tune and performance tune, but i get better mileage on performance tune, so thats my reason for running it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
where on the power band does that power come tho? I want low end power, not a shit load of power at like 5 grand...you know what i mean?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I wouldnt expect any low end gain from a programmer, and if your expecting a lot of power then you shouldnt be buying it all, these are impressive for what they are but the dont work wonders like a cam and a stall and gears would do

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey 0347 dak,
i was wondering how much a good mechanic would cahrge to install cams.....i dont want to do it cuz ill **** it all up

·
Registered
215 Posts
well first you have to buy the overpriced cams to begin with, im not sure what a good mechanic would charge, i would check your local dealer, if it were me i would do them myself, cam swaps are very easy, anyone can do them, especially overhead cams, its one of the simplest things you can do to the internals of a motor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
any special tools required?

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you want more low end tourqe. then use the towing setting. you can feel the difference between towing and preformance.

·
'02 Dakota QC SLT Plus
375 Posts
I second that, Jecht!

·
Registered
215 Posts
When doing the cams, most likely you will go through KRC, they provide all the tools needed to do the cam swap yourself

·
Registered
77 Posts
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39628

Post #16 has my dyno numbers from my old 2003 regular cab 4.7L 5-speed w/ 3.92's. The jpeg's gone but hHere's a cut and paste:

When I mention stock below the only mods are Volant CAI, removed cluch fan, those are the only two mods my truck has done.

Here are the results, all on 93 octane gas:
Stock: 190.67 hp 244.36 Tq
Stock + Superchips 87 octane program: 196.88 hp 254.70 Tq
Stock + Superchips 91 octane program: 203.16 hp 269.27 Tq

·
Registered
31 Posts
chips

i agree with the cams being a big boost in power
i have read that the chip can store a code after time of use does any one know if true

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Superchips Programmer was designed for mainly for a stock engine with minimal mods, Cold Air, Catback Exhaust........

If you've done more or gone further with Cams, Ported Heads and Intake, Headers, Etc......

A PCM flash is probably a better bet to get the Most from the Mods you've done.

and of course it all depends on your Budget too!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Very true, but one thing to remember when you have done ported heads cams, intake, headers, exhaust etc. You shouldn't be worrying about a little thing like budget because your pcm flash will be 100 bucks more then a programmer

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.