DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
I got 20" black srt10 replicas with Pirellis (about 80-90% tread) for $500. Real srt10 hood for $300. Srt10 wing for $50...king of deals.

·
Registered
645 Posts
After spending tons of money doing mods, the question is, how much of that money are you going to lose when you trade it in or sell it?
How much mod money will we lose when we sell? All of it. Well, damn near all of it. You have to look at it as entertainment...kind of like what others spend on gambling/drinking/hunting/????

My mods only add up to a little under $5,000 and when/if I decide to sell it, it won't be worth any more than a stock one sitting on the lot next to it. And if I'm buying, I'd spend more on the stock one.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts

My mods only add up to a little under $5,000 and when/if I decide to sell it, it won't be worth any more than a stock one sitting on the lot next to it. And if I'm buying, I'd spend more on the stock one.
The dealer is not going to give you one thin dime for your power-train mod's. You'll get some of what you spent for stuff like a camper shell, bed cover, winch, a-little more for a good radio, maybe some for better tires or side steps. They may give you some for a major name brand security system but that's a big maybe and that's about it. That's why so maybe folks pull the parts for their next vehicle or just sell them out right.

:VHOT:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yeah somewhere in the 10k range

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
round 2500 now

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
too much...but worth every penny...

·
Acts 2:38-39
2,325 Posts
Fred, I wish I could put a big fat smiley on that post.

I added up the damage, and asked for the thread to be re-opened. So...
My 4.7L is a far better truck now with the HO cams ($280), ATI under drive ($450), Magnaflow muffler ($100), and Superchips 91 performance tune ($275). Those mods bring it to 280hp-ish...for about $1.1K. Wow, didn't know I'd spent that much.
That doesn't count $1600 for the color-matched bed topper, nor the $300 spent on the prototype aerodynamics kit.
Nuts, add another $20 for the alternator overdrive pulley I just installed. :)

[edit] Re David Mack's post. Yep, pull your mods off and sell them separately. That's what I'd do if I were selling my truck. Mods don't carry value, from what I've seen.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.