DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had to get the truck I bought shipped from maryland to michigan. The seller actually called up the place, got a quote, and told me the price. It was $800. The seller told the company it had oversize tires, but I guess that's about all he told them. I then called 'em up, and made the arrangements for pickup. When the driver came to pick up the truck, he said he didn't know it was that big, and that he'd have to take one less car, and charge me for two cars, or drop it back off. I talked with him a bit, and he came down to charging me half the price of another vehical, or $375 more. If I don't pay the extra, he's going to drop it back off.

I'm going to pay it but I still think it's bullsh*t.

On one side, the highest priced company I found quoted me $1050.00 to transport, so it's not that far off, but still $375 extra I now have to spend I wasn't planning on..

Is this still a fair ballpark quote, or am I really getting screwed on this?

On a good note, it may get here tomorrow, my birthday. What a cool present for myself :D

·
Registered
782 Posts
The best price I've heard for such a service was $1 to $1.50 a mile, round trip unless he could get some cars to take the otherway. But I knew the girl that ran the office for him, so that may have helped. I don't know about oversized tires or whatever, I was looking to haul a car.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well then my quote of $800 started to be a good deal :D Tires are 38's and a 10" lift, by the way

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
He would be exactly right on loosing a car by taking your truck. Its too tall to sit on the lower ramp and it would be too high sitting on the upper ramp. He would have to leave it on the upper ramp, last place and leave the ramp down loosing the place for the car underneath.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, fuel is more these days, and I understand the drivers position, nobody told him about the size, apparently. I just think it was miscommunication. The quote was the same as a couple companies I called, where I told them about the size of the truck. The seller told me he had told them it was a lifted truck with large tires. It was the same quote I had gotten from the companies I had called, so I assumed they knew it was a big truck. Ah well, just going to learn from this and move on, truck should be here in an hour :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.