DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, in sitting at home last night watching some t.v and get a visit from the guy across the street....so turns out he was more focused on his garbage can at the end of his driveway and didn't notice my rango parked directly behind him..guess you know where this is going. so now i get a new headlight, fender and bumper cover...and his saturn with its fancy polymer panels didnt have a scratch on it...ha ha...we had a snowstorm last night, guess he felt so bad that he came over with his blower and cleared my drive way out...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ah,

Gotta give him a break if he actually came over and did the driveway man. Sounds like a good guy that slipped up.

Don't be too hard on him, usually if you are, that's when you accidentally do something back. Like.. run over his dog.. or... saturn for that matter... :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
got great neighbors! so great that when it snows out atleast one if not more will be out on their rangers/atvs plowing the driveways!

·
What! Me Worry?
1,547 Posts
What can I say. "Poop" happens. It's not like he did it on purpose.

·
Banned
399 Posts
Ya sounds like he made a mistake and generally feels bad about it.. I would walk over and tell the guy thanks for clearing the driveway, who knows maybe you can both end up as good friends, strange way of starting a friendship lol but hey he sounds like a decent person.

·
Chief's Pride!!!
2,497 Posts
Sounds like a awesome beer buddy!!!! Hard to find cool neighbors, forgive.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
I plow my nieghbors driveway all the time just to be a good nieghbor. Half of the time his riding mower is broke in the summer and I end up doing that too but he pays me. It takes about 4 hours to mow his yard with my Kubota.

·
Platinum 2K R/T
4,054 Posts
All my neighbours are of good character. I don't think any of them are under the age of 60 either! My dad has an interesting neighbour who's quite out to lunch, but all mine are great. There's a 3hour roadside parking limit in the city, so when I have lots of guests over I'll utilize my neighbour's driveways to park cars.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Way better than the ol' 'bashNdash' !

Yep. Forgive when you can. In all things. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

·
2nd04Durango
1,310 Posts
the fact that he came over and let you know and asked to resolve it says a lot. sometimes those are the best type of people and neighbors to have over for BBqs and get togethers...

in my circle, there is a divorced USAF guy that I rarely see, on the other side the inlaws (yeah I know), then a real young couple in early 20s that are stuck up, then a family with 5 kids that are pretty cool but they are real Christian types so beer and brats is out of the question, then another couple our age that are really weird, then a retired couple... so most of my neighbors are decent but not the type to ask over for a BBQ (except the inlaws lol) or friendship...

·
Banned
399 Posts
I thank god I live in the country and do not have to deal with neighbors, closest one is 1/2 mile away just about. We do have one that is just a pain in the butt that thinks he is all that. He used to drive by and stare all the way by, watching us do whatever we was doing outside, when I was younger about 5 of my friends and I mooned him as he drove by, well lets just say he doesn't stare anymore lol.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Our neighbors are awesome! We got very lucky when we built our house where we did. They are the kind of people that you could go over and nock on their door at 2am and they would help you in a second!

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
My neighbours are pretty good, well some of them... The one that shares the same driveway I do, she's cool, her kids are pretty good (8, 10, 12) The 8yr old like to help, so I get him to help me when I back in my trailer(I get him to tell me when I'm about to hit something, not for actual directions) he helped me build my shed, he actually pouned a few nails...

The one that shares the same duplex as me isn't bad, but annoying sometimes... the one past that, she's pretty cool, her 8yrold daughter is halarious and a mini version of her.. her son, I think is 6 is a little nutty.. too much pokomon...

Across the street is all older people, most i don't see much of, but directly across the street, they're pretty nice people, we had a 2-3ft dump of snowin one night, I was digging out my driveway, well the shared driveway, I had already gotten the wife car out of it, but I was digging out the neighbours van and hte guy across the street came over with his snow blower...

Generally though all pretty good, they let me snowmobile down the road to get to the trails(not supposed to ride on the road and if I get caught it's a $200 fine)...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got the estimate today....$1800. not saying that he's a bad guy, just a bit of a piss off when things like this happen...might have jumped the gun a little the other night with the original post, sure you can all understand the frustration.

·
Banned
399 Posts
got the estimate today....$1800. not saying that he's a bad guy, just a bit of a piss off when things like this happen...might have jumped the gun a little the other night with the original post, sure you can all understand the frustration.
I can understand the frustration. I would of been upset myself but you always have to "try" to look at the positives in those situations. (even though they are very hard to find in some cases) Make sure you bring him a beer over when you break the news of $1800 in damage, might want to take him 2 beers..

·
Registered
36 Posts
i live in the country; not too many neighbors; but the ones that are here are pretty cool.

·
Where is the snow?
4,118 Posts
the fact that he came over and let you know and asked to resolve it says a lot. sometimes those are the best type of people and neighbors to have over for BBqs and get togethers...

in my circle, there is a divorced USAF guy that I rarely see, on the other side the inlaws (yeah I know), then a real young couple in early 20s that are stuck up, then a family with 5 kids that are pretty cool but they are real Christian types so beer and brats is out of the question, then another couple our age that are really weird, then a retired couple... so most of my neighbors are decent but not the type to ask over for a BBQ (except the inlaws lol) or friendship...
x2, except for inlaws.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, you're lucky he came over and told you. He could have just left it.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Dumb question... I'm not sure how parking is there... but why were you parked directly behind him?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.