DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anbody know how much the stock '06-'08 chrome 20s weight?

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was figuring they were somewhere around 50lbs. 37lbs isn't that bad. What's average for a 20 chrome (aftermarket) rim?

· Registered
22,981 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
WOW!! My stock chrome 17's weighed about 35lbs each, so the new 20's must be aluminum with a chrome cover??
Same as the 03-05 chrome clad 20"s amigo. :) I am thinking they may be lighter because of the design and narrower spokes?

KB

· Registered
13,585 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
WOW!! My stock chrome 17's weighed about 35lbs each, so the new 20's must be aluminum with a chrome cover??
:huh: :huh: :huh: are you saying the chrome plating makes the wheels heavier versus the chrome clad cover? Doesn't make sense to me what you are saying....
I'm sure all the chrome cover does is to make everything more heavy! For sure not lighter.

· Registered
22,981 Posts
I think he's saying the 20"s must be aluminum with a chrome cladding, which they are. The stock 17"s that have the chrome cladding are a heavy steel wheel.

KB

· Registered
28,764 Posts
KB112 said:
I think he's saying the 20"s must be aluminum with a chrome cladding, which they are. The stock 17"s that have the chrome cladding are a heavy steel wheel.

KB
I thought the flower pedals were steel? How do they weigh in at almost 90lbs with tire then if they are aluminum? That means the tire would weigh around 50lbs...that doesnt sound right?

· Registered
22,981 Posts
The polished aluminums and chrome clad are both aluminum wheels. The only steel 20"s are the 20x8" spares, on the Rams with stock 20"s. The SRT-10 uses the same size 20" spare also I believe.

I have posted pics of a skinned chrome clad 20" side by side with a polished aluminum before. Another member just bought a set for $200 on Ebay, here's a pic of it.
Ebay link# http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0181254431&category0=&fvi=1&item=180181254431

KB

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.