DodgeTalk Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Squiddoc72
91 Posts
I finally got some real knowledge! I have a 2007 2500 Mega with a Hemi and 3.73 gears. Dodge dealership in Corpus couldn't answer my questions concerning towing difference between Cummins vs Hemi and RV dealerships are trying to sell me 15,000lb trailers. I specifically asked both places can my current truck tow a 15,000 lb trailer, and they both said yes. I now know I am stuck pulling 8,000 lb fifth wheel, so my options to upgrade fifth trailer is very limited due to my truck.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I finally got some real knowledge! I have a 2007 2500 Mega with a Hemi and 3.73 gears. Dodge dealership in Corpus couldn't answer my questions concerning towing difference between Cummins vs Hemi and RV dealerships are trying to sell me 15,000lb trailers. I specifically asked both places can my current truck tow a 15,000 lb trailer, and they both said yes. I now know I am stuck pulling 8,000 lb fifth wheel, so my options to upgrade fifth trailer is very limited due to my truck.
I am sorry you did not get your question answered. For future reference, towing capacity for your vehicle can be found in the owner's manual. If you do not have access to the owner's manual you can down load the manual for free (2004 to current year) online on the Ram website http://www.ramtrucks.com. To check the towing capacity of another Dodge truck for comparison (model year 2002-2009), you can go to this website
http://www.dodge.com/towing/D/home.html.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm Still Confused

Hi and thanks for all the useful info. However, I am still a bit confused as to exactly what it is I can pull both safely and wisely. I have an '06 1500 Laramie Mega Cab with the 5.7L Hemi. But everything on it says 2500 HD. It's got heavy duty everything except the motor. In a nutshell, I am in the market for a new camper but don't know exactly how to go about deciding on one. I don't want to get one to find out later it exceeds the GCW and now I'm illegal. So, my question is, How can I do all this without actually buying the camper? I don't want to go through all the hassle of loading up for a camping trip without actually going, just to research it. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks again. I find this forum most helpful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a 2008 ram 1500 trax4 package..my question is im going on a trip in july and taking my full size Harley..renting a trailer from uhaul..trailer weights approx. 1200 lbs and my Harley weights almost 800 lbs..I got the 5.7 hemi and 355 gears.do I half to run in tow haul mode and if I do im wondering what kind of mpg ill get going about 650 miles one way

·
Registered
1 Posts
ihave a 2012 chevy 6,0 2500 ext cab I tow 16,000lbs ;several times a john deere 50 excavatos 12k plus trailor,no problem at all, I have a 2004 dodge reg cab 1500 4x4 5 sp, auto heavy trailortowing pkg 3;92 and tow a cat 303.5 excavator 8350lbs plus trailor total 11;600 and have no problems I have treailor brakes and the 4.7 with the 3;92 is plenty, just take care of it and service with best oil and v-max in motor and tranny, no problems at all just be smart,

·
Registered
4 Posts
2008 ram 2500 4.10 gears

Gvwr:8650
Payload:2820
Gcwr:17000
Base weight: ~6000 w/driver

Leaves you ~11000 to put behind you according to oem specs.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts