DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how long one should wait before taking it off-roading.
I got 1500 miles on it, I want to know how long you guys waited until your first muddin session...
thanks for the input

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I actually did run through some mud during the test drive. Extremely cool salesman. :D

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
BBHemipower said:
I was just wondering how long one should wait before taking it off-roading.
Why wait?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought you had to wait for a breaking period... like not gunning the pedal, etc for
the first 1000 to 3000 miles... or so I was told a while, maybe that changed since

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
actually if you read the manual, the new dodges require various full throttle sessions to break it in properly

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have always heard that you're supposed to drive it during the break in period just like you are going to drive it forever (or until you trade it for a 2500) HAHA. I was relentless on mine, and still am. I just hit 5k on it today and I have already been it 2 ft. deep mud prob. 10 times around the farm. It's a truck man!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found out that it cuts off at 107 during the test drive. I guess my point is, Don't baby it unless your going to the whole life of the truck. And who would want a truck that's a 4x4 especially with a hemi if you're just gonna pussyfoot around in it? That's what cars are for dude.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks dudes, thats what I needed to hear... I know about what the book says. But I was talking about full-session muddin, getting stuck, high rpms... but your right, its truck and i dont plan on babying the beast. I just dont want to break it and then find out--by the wealth of more experienced drivers in DT-- that I should havewaited until it had more miles on it... I'll stop whinning and get out there!!!
:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just remember you got the 3/36 or if your smart 7/70 btb on your side. I haven't put mine through the hell all of my other trucks in the past have been through yet. I figure I'll wait till at least 20k, but I haven't babied it either. You have good luck out of your 02? How did you treat it and how was it when you traded it? Catch my drift?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my 02 truck... mostly easy miles with 1trip to the mudfarm in upstate ny...it was still in good condition but the muddin was done around 12K milage...with my new one I want to take a little further....

the 360 was a great truck never had a problem with it, but i had the go ahead from the ol lady so i went for it and trade it

·
Registered
14 Posts
I took mine out the first week after I bought it. What better way to break in a truck. I wouldnt get airbourn with it but hell it's a dodge, it can handle just about anything you throw at it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.