Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my new nitto 404's? The tire guy said between 40-44! Is this right? :rck:

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
305/60-r17. 44 psi is the max side wall rating. ride is pretty bumpy at that pressure

·
Drug Dealer
666 Posts
I would also say that is high. 44 is the max not the recomended. If you run them at 44lbs cold then they're at 50+ when they're hot. That's gonna make for a bumpy ride. I'd say closer to 36...38 tops. But that's just me and I'm no expert.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Try to get them to wear evenly across the tread. You don't want just the middle of the tire to touch ground but the whole tread. It is somewhat trial and error to get it just right. I ran a set of 285/60-17 for awhile and found that 32 front and 26 rear was ideal. This was on a 2wd RCSB so you might want to adjust slightly. One thing that most people do not know is that a tire with a larger sidewall needs less air pressure than a 35 or 40 series tire. I got 80,000 miles out of the 35x12.50-15 Dunlops on my Chevy 1500 RCSB. Those only had 14 lbs in the rear since the truck was so light. Also if you put a serious load (600+ lbs) you will want to air them up some to compensate. One other thing, the lower air pressure in the rear helps with traction. Less spin = faster times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.