1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
7 qts

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
7qts. 5-20 is the recommended weight. I actually run 0-20 Amsoil. Truck seems to really like it too.

·
25HEMI00
1,064 Posts
7qts. i'm running synthetic mobil 1 5w 20. my tick went away...

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
My tick got a lot quiter when I went to Amsoil 0w-20

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sprocket said:
7qts. 5-20 is the recommended weight. I actually run 0-20 Amsoil. Truck seems to really like it too.

agreed..changed my oil over the weekend with the same 0-20 Amsoil and i also put Amsoil in the differential, truck seems happier!!

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
dskize1 said:
agreed..changed my oil over the weekend with the same 0-20 Amsoil and i also put Amsoil in the differential, truck seems happier!!

thats my plan as well :D

-do you have part #'s and prices or where you got it all from?

i just started a thread for Ken in the modern oil section asking the same thing

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
I was going to point that out, too. Unless your truck has MDS, you should be using 5W-30. The manual on my '03 Hemi specifies that.

·
Dante
142 Posts
only 7 quarts?!

:gr_patrio Hey Guys!
Be grateful its only 7 quarts! My 5.9
Cummins takes 12+ quarts!
Regards

·
Official DT Amsoil Dealer
697 Posts
dskize1 said:

I am glad your truck is liking it. :D

·
1,965 Posts
MikeHTally said:
I was going to point that out, too. Unless your truck has MDS, you should be using 5W-30. The manual on my '03 Hemi specifies that.
I believe the owners manual changed in 04 and it states to use 5w-20 since then. I have used both and didn't notice anything my tick seemed to be louder with it though but that may have just been in my head I don't even notice it anymore.

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
zemog255 said:
I believe the owners manual changed in 04 and it states to use 5w-20 since then. I have used both and didn't notice anything my tick seemed to be louder with it though but that may have just been in my head I don't even notice it anymore.
Perhaps that's when MDS became available? My '06 Chrysler 300C
specifies 5W-20 for the MDS Hemi.

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
MikeHTally said:
Wowsers! Another reason to stay with gas.

Ya but you still cant beat the HP/TQ numbers from a slightly modified diesel!

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
This is true. I can beat $500 + for a water pump, though. My neighbor had an F250 Ford that blew a pump. Best he could find was a rebuilt pump. Took us over two hours to change it, and that was sober!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.