DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Don
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this installed a few months ago now...I was wondering how many of you after getting your lift had rake still in the front end...My front end sits about 1 lower than my back>>>...is this normal?? I woulda thought that it would be level or have a little bit of a cai lean in the back end but not any rake.....And should I have to pay zone for a bigger block??? They said they cant make a product that would make it level cause dodge has different rake angles...Need your opinion guy...chime in..

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
i got a procomp 5in and it sits perfectly level

·
Don
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea my front measures from the middle of the wheel to the fender 27.5 and my ass end measures about 29 1/4 or a smidge more...thats all...its just the shows events are coming up and I just want a level truck and i dont want to level my ass wioth the front...I want to level my front with the ass end you know....

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
what 6" lift did you use?

·
Registered
361 Posts
what 6" lift did you use?
Zone 6".

My thoughts.........

I've been reading up and researching the Zone products. I'm buying a 6" off a local guy this weekend. New & in the box for much less than buying from retail. He traded the truck for a 2500 before installing it. Score fer me!

Anyways.......The Zone lift(and it's literally different colored twin, the BDS 6") is designed to just lower everything in the front a sufficient distance to create 6" of height. The spacers and parts aren't truely 6" b/c of angles and such. Once you have dropped all the components up front & you install the blocks in the rear.......all angles, geometry and otherwise remain very, very close to stock. B/C of that, you still get some of the nose down rake. I have decided there are only 2 options on how to deal with this safely. You can A) Install the Rancho QuickLift or better - the Bilstein levaling struts at their 1"+/- setting -or- B) Go with shorter block in the back. I'm going to wait to see how much rake is there. I tow with mine, and I may choose to leave it. If the rake bothers me enough to spend $5-600, I will buy a set of leaves with 5 1/2 inches of lift in them. I have found 3 retailers that sell them, but I beleive they are all made buy the same spring house. I really, really would prefer my rear lift to come from springs, b/c of towing.

Hope it helps, or give you something to think about.

ps. if anyone reads this & has an idea on hwere to get 5-6 lift leaves for a 06 without spending so much.....I'm listening.

pss.......when I say twin, I mean twin. The Zone is owned by BDS.....the BDS Stage 1 kit is blue......Zone's is black. If you go to each websiste, open the image of the kits laid out, one in each window, and look at them side-by-side....I have read that the shocks are diff, but.....as far as I can tell....IMOHO....well.......apparently the blue powdercoat is what makes the BDS so more ;)

·
Don
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well my rear is about 1 3/4 iches lower...so can i just add my 2 inch lvel kit to the front and it then would just be a 1/4 off in the rear...any opinions ont that?

·
Don
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump

·
Don
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
o man my bad....my rear is 1 3/4 inch higher than my front...ooops

·
Registered
570 Posts
No way Zone and BDS are remotely the same company. Not even the same lift.

·
Registered
361 Posts
No way Zone and BDS are remotely the same company. Not even the same lift.
Yep, hate to break it to you. Do a little Google or even better......read the sponsor thread from Zone. You will read it from a compnay rep, right there in black & white.....then.....just for kicks, compare the photos.

Heading out fr the night.......I'll even post the photos later tonight or tmrw!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Steelchamp, i'd just add a 2 inch level kit to it man. There's plenty of people on this site running em' on top of lifts.

·
Don
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is it safe???

·
Registered
275 Posts
didn't you add an add a leaf on top of the zone lift?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yep, hate to break it to you. Do a little Google or even better......read the sponsor thread from Zone. You will read it from a compnay rep, right there in black & white.....then.....just for kicks, compare the photos.

QUOTE]Heading out fr the night.......I'll even post the photos later tonight or tmrw![/

i thought i read that the guy from zone use to work for bds, doesn't mean they are the same company and they are no where near the same lift

·
Registered
570 Posts
I agree fox_hemi..I patiently await for Nopetrol to provided evidence of this. I will have my BDS lift on next weekend and will take lots of pics. So if someone has a Zone 6" lift lets compare pics. No where near the same lift, I agree

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would be careful adding the spacer in the front. This may put an angle on your front half shafts and cause you 4wd to have vibrations and they would wear quickly. If there is room for them to angle then it should be alright.

If you go with a 1.5" spacer in the front I do not think it will cause anything bad to happen. Maybe do a 1" spacer so the rake is not noticable and you will not take a risk

·
Registered
361 Posts
Here's the photos. The 2 kits share alot of components. The diffs are little details. The BDS kit ships better shocks, the spindles look to be a heavier casting, BDS ships some rod ends, but I can't figure out why the one cross member looks diff. (?) Regardiing the Zone kit...if a bolt on, entry leval kit without spending big $ is you goal, it's a well thought out lift. The things the Zone lift doesn't ship with are all thing you can add when your funds allow. As far as 'in writing'.......just Google it, it's all over. I know the topic came up here about.....I wanna say 4 months ago or there abouts. The explanation was something along the lines of the parent company of BDS created Zone to fill a more entry leval/cost effective void. I'm putting one on my truck soon, but I will up grade to leaves when I can, I will put Bilsteins on it soon. My truck is also not a hard-core trail truck. Un-improved fire roads and the beach are all the off road she'll do for a long time. I think the stuff 06Quadram and his buddies do is AWESOME, but I don't have that avail to me in flat nazi jersey. I'll admit, I want to clear a bigger tire & look tougher.

Now that we've pretty much hi-jacked Don's thread..........lol

Sorry, Don.

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Just tread lightly when you use statements like "The Zone lift(and it's literally different colored twin, the BDS 6") " Some, like myself will want those answers when you make very bold statements. And they dont look anything alike. Those cross members are very different. Sorry again Don, I will let it rest

·
Registered
952 Posts
From what I understand they are either sister companies or BDS owns Zone, Kinda like toyo and Nitto maybe. But hey don't hold me to it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.