DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well they have a Hemi one so I thought that I would start a 4.7 one.

Mine is an 02 SC/SB 1500 with 96000. Bought it in Oct. 01. Bout to hit the big 100K.

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
thats quite an accomplishment. Any problems along the way ?

Mines got 3400 now

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the normal nit pick stuff from when I first got it but after that no problems. I have done things like had the injectors flushed and cleaned. I have also flushed the radiator, transmission, you know regular maintainence type stuff. I changed to synthetic at about 50k and it seems to run smoother.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I put 57,000 miles on an '02 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 4.7L. Only problem I had with the engine was a bad O2 sensor.

The 4.7L is pretty strong in a vehicle the size of the Jeep.

On a related note, I had to replace the trans pan of the 545RFE in the Jeep because of corrosion. Keep mud from accumulating on your trans pan, as they rust real easy, and are a bi#ch to change.

Later ;)

·
pickle
216 Posts
ive got 46000 on my 02,im getting ready to do the plugs and wires on it.does anyone have any sugg. on any aftermarket products?

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
there shouldnt be any plug wires on the 4.7? at least my 03 didnt have any it was coil on plug so there will not be any wires to change.

·
Hmm, I wasn't speeding
431 Posts
green 2003 48,000 no problems but that stupid lamp out light coming on.... anyone ever figure that one out?

·
Displaced Coloradian
190 Posts
I have 38000 on my 02 QC 4X4 and it's runnin fine.

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
I have a 2002 4.7L QC with over 87,000 miles on her... honestly the only ENGINE problem I have had was one I caused myself with the underdrive pulley... but that has been fixed. other than that I had a power steering hose and driveshaft replaced. I beat the living hell out of my truck on a daily basis. I can honestly say there has NOT been a day it had not seen FULL throttle other than the few LONG road trips where fuel economey was the main goal... other than that she has been WOT the entire time.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
766 Posts
At 41,773. Still runnin' like a champ.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I only have 24000 and it is running strong.

·
Registered
477 Posts
45000+ miles and no problems. orignal plugs and brake pads still in good shape. no pitting on the chrome wheels. truck looks better now than when I got it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.