DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for input on how many miles you go between oil changes with Mobil 1

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Which kind of mobile 1?

Extended Performance 5w-30 is 15,000 miles or 1 year. I believe the Truck and SUV full synthetic 5w-30 is 5,000 - 7,000 miles. I can't recall. There is also the Mobile 1 Clean 5000 which is a 5,000 mile or 6 month oil and Clean 7500 which is 7,500 miles or 6 months.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats my question, 5-20 mobil 1 regular, I have a hard enough time finding it in my area.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I generally put about five thousand on an oil change. In extreme cases (twice) I've racked up 10,000 before being able to get it changed. But I've used Mobile1 in her since the day I brought her home. And just straight Mobile1 5W-30, no special type.

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
I'm going 6k with Mobil 1 5w-20 in the Magnum.

MikeyB

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
I still only go 3000, I'd rather be safe than sorry

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
kruser79 said:
I generally put about five thousand on an oil change. In extreme cases (twice) I've racked up 10,000 before being able to get it changed. But I've used Mobile1 in her since the day I brought her home. And just straight Mobile1 5W-30, no special type.

x2 every 5k w/ a K&N filter (sometimes sooner due to me not putting many miles at all on it)

·
Registered
521 Posts
I put around 5K on my truck with Quaker State Advancted Engine full synthetic.

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
I try not ever go over 3000 no matter what oil I use.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Every 3000 miles on mine...no matter what.

·
Registered
595 Posts
mobil 1 5-20w every 5,000 miles with a mopar oil filter

·
Registered
890 Posts
What if the truck sits a lot???
I changed my oil on 7/8/06 and my truck had 26,350 miles on it.
Tomorrow will be 3 months, but my truck only has 26,800 miles on it.

Yes, that's right, 450 miles in 3 months. It sucks. I'd rather be driving it trust me.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Every 5k with Mobil-1 5w-20 and a Purolator filter. Tried 5w-30 a couple of times and had a little lifter noise. Went back to 5w-20 and all is quiet again. Warranty requires API "certified" ILSAC GF-4 by the API (not "rated" by the oil manufacturer) and Chrysler approved MS-6395M (not simply approved by the oil manufacturer to be used in Chrysler engines without Chrysler's approval).
Here's a comparison between Mobil-1 and Amsoil 5w-30. There's a lot of safety margin with either. I just sleep better with 5k mile OCIs.
http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stories/mobil1.html
Go to "related links" for the Amsoil test.

·
Registered
430 Posts
EZ4U2CHere said:

Yes, that's right, 450 miles in 3 months. It sucks. I'd rather be driving it trust me.
It depends. Was that 450 individual trips to the corner store, or was that one trip to the beach? One enemy of oil is moisture that does not get burned off by running the engine up to normal operating temperature. Moisture collects when the truck sits for a long period, but if you then take a nice long drive, it's probably not a problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Before 3,000 miles. Oil is not something I want to go bad before I change it. If it looks clean when it comes out that just means my engine never gets gummy on the inside. Fresh oil is a small price to pay for a strong motor.

·
Registered
985 Posts
EZ4U2CHere said:

go check your oil. It took me six months to do 3000 and it was blacker than all getout.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
mobil 1 every 3k unless i dont have the cash at the time ill stretch to 5k MAX

7.5qts with Fram HP1 racing filter

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.