DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles are on your Dakota and list any problems that have came up over time.

I just hit 19,000 and have had zero mechanical problems so far. The MYGIG acts up once in a while but thats all.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
just hit 50k

I bought it at 16k, the periovos owner had brake and vibration problems. Then I had a bad spark right when I bought it, fixed for free. Had to replace a battery and the Power steering pump on warrenty. I've since replaced the tires and brakes on my own. And most recently I've had to get new wheel sylinders for the drums.

All in all not bad considering the abuse I put this thing through.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
39k, only problem was a leaking front tranny seal,and pump. repaired under warranty about 20k ago. no other problems since, "knock on wood"

·
Registered
192 Posts
2007 with 16k

only problem I've had is the latch to my center console broke... and a seatbelt got twisted backwards... both fixed under warranty.

no complaints and LOVE my truck :rck:

·
Banned
71 Posts
2005 here with 160,000 km (100,000 miles) and only lightbulbs and brakes so far as issues.

quite happy, but really would love to lift it soon.

·
"Joe the Bummer"
325 Posts
Maybe the shortest here, but ony 2,100 miles on my 2007! Well my last job was only two miles away and right now i'm unemployed, but down here in Upstate SC it does get more miles than in Florida.

Right now the only problem i have is some rather slow shifting and engagement from P-R or P-D. Will bring it to the dealer soon.

·
Quadder
433 Posts
Mine is a second gen but its similar to yours.

2002 66,000 miles.

Bought at 47,000 miles january 2007.

Fixed the evap hose on the gas tank, brakes, exhaust manifold bolt.

Very little problems, besides the gas mileage in town.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a 4.7L '08 QC SLT. It has approximately 1030 miles on it.
The only big mechanical issue I've had so far is a leaking front brake caliper that the dealer found and changed out under warranty.

Oh, and we are noticing that when the engine is a tad cold, when you shift from reverse to drive it shifts really hard. I'll be taking it back into the dealer soon for that.

And, I was under the truck a couple of days ago just getting acquainted with everything and looking to see if I could put tow hooks on it. I noticed some anti-freeze splatters all over the bottom of the radiator and engine and frame. But there's been no puddles in the drive way. Once it warms up I'll start the truck and get under there to see if I've got a slow leak somewhere.

·
Registered
47 Posts
2008 Dakota SLT V8 3.55 limited slip extended cab, about 10k mi on it now, Had a bad throttle sensor, and MyGig radio both replaced under warranty..

Had 2 quality control issues when I got the truck but nothing big when you look at how much stuff goes into building a truck.. missing some bolts in the tail gate (don't know if they even held anything) ... and one bolt in the front seat was loose ...

Both warranty issues where things that no matter the quality control a car manufacture could not prevent.

Gets about 21mpg on the highway and about 15 in town (short trips does not get warm)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Mine doesnt really apply to this "gen" but I just sold my 2001 Dak, 4.7 last friday, it had 293,XXX miles on it.

Give ya guys something to work towards. :rck:

·
Registered
634 Posts
07 SLT 4x4 HO engine, qc. Owned for 14 monthes, up to 21,000 miles. Had a small trans fluid leak where one of the lines comes out of the radiator, they replaced radiator, fittings apparently can't just be replaced?!. The speedo, tach, temp, and fuel gauge lights quite, took them a week to fix, most of it waiting on parts. The water drain for A/C got plugged with a leaf, leaking water on the passenger floorboard. I don't even park within 100 feet of a tree at the house, and in general I don't go looking for leaf piles to drive thru. Then there is three times at the dealer for shocks, and they are still not as good as they should be. All this time tho, my dealership gave me a loaner. There was some talk in the past that loaners would be no more, but then I guess they thankfully did away with that idea, it's one thing if I want something serviced, an oil change or such, but now warranty work, you need a loaner. Oh, I do the oil myself.

·
Registered
260 Posts
43,000 miles current bought used in June 07 with 11,000.

Only problem I had was CD player had to be replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm at 54K...no issues.

·
"Joe the Bummer"
325 Posts
Well got my truck to the dealer service yesterday. Didn't take long (only a couple of hours), but they flashed the TCM to improve the shifting.

BTW: What is TSB 21-018-08? I checked the Ram TSB site and it only list 2007 so far.

Well the results: Better but not the Best. It still has a millisecond shift delay at light throttle, still takes a few seconds to go to Drive or Reverse after sitting for a while(I know its the check valve draining the TC sorta thing), and i'm not sure if the 3-4th TC Clutch rough engagement or the TCM going back to the slow shifting will happen again, but overall much better. Oh and it feels numb; Typical with electronic-controlled equipment.

It now has a little more pickup from a light and also when it creeps forward (stand-still, off of brakes, no throttle), shifting improves when you really push the throttle. So right now it is a definite improvement but again not the best.

Next up: Finding this place my sister's boyfriend knows of that can order and assemble tonneau covers to see if i can get an Extang Solidfold Trifold.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2000 4.7 5 speed
231,xxx miles
to my knowledge the trany was replaced around 150 and the power steering pump was not long after that That was done by the previous owner so far i have had to replace the radiator 215 then i replaced the hub bearings around 228. so i am pretty pleased with my first dodge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
im srry i guess mine needs to be moved i did not read what yall consider a gen 3 dakota im used to it being 97-04 on other forms.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
im srry i guess mine needs to be moved i did not read what yall consider a gen 3 dakota im used to it being 97-04 on other forms.
We just follow what Chrysler considers the generation seperations. What other sites call a gen two is really more like a gen1.5. Same goes with many other sites considering the current 08+ dakotas to be 5 is reall a 3.5. That''s because those two werent complete redesigns, more like a "facelift". same goes for the 06-08 rams, those are like a gen 3.5

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.