Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Silverhemidan
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Total Integrated Power Module

If so,tell me the year of truck and how many miles.
I know there was a TSB(Flash Reprogramming the Totally Integrated Power Module) for the 2006's

I have a 2004 2500 with about 68,000 miles on it and I have to replace my TIPM,because my running lights don't work.

I'm curious how many others have had this problem

·
MADBRAD
1,156 Posts
The only re flash Ive seen for the 2006s was in reference to the 4wd system. Havent heard anything about the running lights.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,656 Posts
02-05 have FCM whereas 06-08 have TIPM

·
Silverhemidan
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
02-05 have FCM whereas 06-08 have TIPM

Its the whole fuse box. its called the TIPM and it also has a FCM,The TIPM has a built in control module(underneath the fuses),therefor you have to replace the whole unit. The FCM is another module that is connected on the side of the fuse box.At least on my 2004.......if I'm understanding this correct....:crazy:
The truck is at a shop(not the dealer),the part is on backorder,they said it will take 3 days to get it.But,the dealer is real familiar with this issue,so the tech says

"The Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) is a combination unit that performs the functions of the Power Distribution Center (PDC) and the Front Control Module. The TIPM is a printed circuit board based module that contains fuses, internal relays and a microprocessor that performs the functions previously executed by the FCM. The TIPM is located in the engine compartment, next to the battery and connects directly to the B+ cable via a stud located on top of the unit. The ground connection is via electrical connectors."

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=2004+dodge+TIPM

·
Redtruck-VA
2,766 Posts
Its the whole fuse box. its called the TIPM and it also has a FCM,The TIPM has a built in control module(underneath the fuses),therefor you have to replace the whole unit. The FCM is another module that is connected on the side of the fuse box.At least on my 2004.......if I'm understanding this correct....:crazy:
The truck is at a shop(not the dealer),the part is on backorder,they said it will take 3 days to get it.But,the dealer is real familiar with this issue,so the tech says

"The Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) is a combination unit that performs the functions of the Power Distribution Center (PDC) and the Front Control Module. The TIPM is a printed circuit board based module that contains fuses, internal relays and a microprocessor that performs the functions previously executed by the FCM. The TIPM is located in the engine compartment, next to the battery and connects directly to the B+ cable via a stud located on top of the unit. The ground connection is via electrical connectors."

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=2004+dodge+TIPM
The earlier models, I believe 03-05 it is called IPM (Intergrated Power Module, later it was changed to TIPM. Bad IPM/TIPM are mostly from what I have seen a 4x4 problem from being off road. The replacement units I am told have a protective shield on the bottom.

·
Silverhemidan
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The earlier models, I believe 03-05 it is called IPM (Intergrated Power Module, later it was changed to TIPM. Bad IPM/TIPM are mostly from what I have seen a 4x4 problem from being off road. The replacement units I am told have a protective shield on the bottom.
thanks,thats good to here

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
The TIPM is under the fuse box. Its like a computerized relay that selectively distributes power to different areas of the truck. I think we have like 20 fuses total in the truck. Its what allows the radio to stay on after you take the ignition out, and the other little things like that

My brake lights wouldnt work and it turned out that a short burnt the TIPM up. $1100

·
Silverhemidan
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The TIPM is under the fuse box. Its like a computerized relay that selectively distributes power to different areas of the truck. I think we have like 20 fuses total in the truck. Its what allows the radio to stay on after you take the ignition out, and the other little things like that

My brake lights wouldnt work and it turned out that a short burnt the TIPM up. $1100

I must be getting a good deal,I'm paying half of what you paid...;)

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,905 Posts
my truck did this before i changed my fuse box...

·
Tricked out Ram
12,656 Posts
eww....no bus....

Fred, wasnt that cutting off on you while you were driving it also?

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,905 Posts
on the first go around yes when i ignored the symtoms..lol... I drove it around a long time after seeing my guages quit and come back on. Awhile later the truck would stall out while driving. Checked all the little stuff like grounds and better battery cabling, then i recalled Lonnie had the identical issue back in 06 which he finally figured out was the fusebox. I got one from pcp, popped it in and everything worked perfectly.

·
Silverhemidan
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
thats because its not the same thing. Dealer invoiced it at almost $1080 their price. That alone lets you know there is a difference in the two

:tup:

replaced the IPM and all is good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.