DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just was wondering. I just joined (1st post) so if any problems ever show up on my father's 1972 Adventuer Sport I can get help. Details are in the sig, and I don't think I can add pictures yet either.

I used to be on here as 79diplomat, but I don't drive that old car anymore as it's for sale at home.

Dad bought his new so we have the build sheets, factory brouchure's, etc. Original paint too, Bahama Yellow. Cool old truck.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a '73, D100, Adventurer Sport, 318, that I bought new in May of '73. It was originally yellow and white, with a black interior.

In '91, I changed the color to charcoal inside and out. Two years ago, I repainted it again and went with a single color creamy yellow exterior and a brown, tan and copper interior.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. Dads has never been repainted even with as many miles as it has. The white paint on the lower part has been repainted on the box due to wheel well rust. I know there are Adventurer, and SE's but was just looking for how many Sports we're out there.

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
NeDodgeguy said:
Cool. Dads has never been repainted even with as many miles as it has. The white paint on the lower part has been repainted on the box due to wheel well rust. I know there are Adventurer, and SE's but was just looking for how many Sports we're out there.
I've got some Adventurer Sport emblems I can stick on it real quick:D BTW, pics or ban!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally took some pictures and got them all uploaded. Enjoy.

·
Registered
356 Posts
thats a damn nice truck. cant belive its has over 100k. wont find anything like that around here. lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
are you missing some of the emblems on the front of the hood? looks like the "O" and the "E" you should look for a set, it'd make it look that much nicer. And BTW it is a very nice,clean truck. take care of it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea they fell off. We picked up another E but it fell off again. I posted that story in another thread. The O is stashed in the seat cover, along with the interior Adventurer Sport emblems that fell off probably 20+ years ago. The truck is my dad's, we just keep it parked in our shed at home and take it out once in a while.

On another note, has anyone ever seen one of these trucks in this color??? It's the HIP Bahama Yellow. There was another one up in NE Nebraska but it was just an Adventurer. There is also a club cab Bahama Yellow one that is around NE Nebraska somewhere.

The truck was sold as a 72, but has all 73 components, IE electronic igniton, etc. The color was a 73 color IIRC.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah pretty sure its 5x4.5. Later dodges I think had the bigger bolt pattern.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well saw another Adventurer Sport in Lincoln today. This was a RARE bird. No pictures cause the camera was in my apartment as I was going to pick up my DVR from the cable company.

Details:

Bronze/White 1973 Club Cab Short box
4x4
No rust
Almost a perfect body, let alone a perfect grille.
Paint looked to have been original, and it even had all the trim
Aluminum rims with over sized tires

It made my day, until I came home and recorded some shows. DVR rulez

It was driving down 27th street if it was anybody from here...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.