DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine made it about 17000 miles, blew two pistons and was running real lean. The only mods done are headers, muffler, cai, and programmer. So the only thing i can think of is the programmer caused it. It had 3 codes on it before I took it in p0306,p0441,p0138. I had to erase them so i could take the programmer off. Maybe these had something to do with it. but anyway i'm getting a new short block. i'll have to break this one in a little better.

·
Tape On
833 Posts
A new short block from the dealer under warrenty? With those mods done to it?

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
that's ALL you've done to it

I believe the only other two mods for the Hemi out is cams and underdrive pully lol

you have 2/3rds of the motor mods done for the Hemi

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
well mine last 29,000 miles, btu wait that was due to it trying to drink 3 gallons of water hehe.

·
Up The Irons!
279 Posts
My '04 has a little over 27,000 on it without a hiccup....except the damn tick that makes it sound like a 1950's sewing machine.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Mine will last FOREVER!!!

I hope.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
18500 and no problems. No tick either.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I hope more then 170,000.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
My luck mine will implode with 70,001 miles.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
My luck mine will implode with 70,001 miles.
Hopefully, I will have a new engine before I hit 70k.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
Hopefully, I will have a new engine before I hit 70k.

My new engine is going in the race car. :cool:

·
Banned
3,902 Posts

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Be 69 in June

I drive about 7500 a year

Hemi gonna out last ME :rolleyes:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i got a buddy that works at a local dodge dealer so i got lucky ant they covered it, and they have a different cam out for the hemi, and where can I get one. I'm also trying to get some pics from my buddy.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Your 1/4 mile time is damn good for a 2500 4x4 with larger then stock tires. Accoding to the horsepower calculator which may be a little generous you have 371 hp at the flywheel and 315 to the wheels. Whatever it is is damn good to move a 6200lb rig to your time. Makes me happy since our trucks are set up similar.

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
NO kidding his 1/4mile time is like 2 seconds faster then my time. guess the mods do help the Hemi. mine stock with all the weight on it(7300+lbs) ran a 17.35 which means about 280 hp on the ground.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After the programmer was installed i actually ran like a 15.48 on the G-tech, but i'll have to look again. so the programmer helped a little but i think that is what caused the damage. that and having it wfo for like three miles tying to bury speedo, had here going around 118 with stock 265/70/17 off-road tires.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nope my bad 15.491 @88.33mph 4/21/05
thats also like 30 degrees outside late at night. It still gets cold up here in Michigan at night

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Let's see, you modified the snot out of it( well, what is available anyway ), have run 120 MPH down the highway, and you drag it. Wonder why your motor blew up...hmmmm? ;) You must really be in tight with the dealer to get that covered under warranty.

As for me. Well, my HEMI Ram will be sold/traded by 69,999.9 miles as I know I wouldn't make 7 years before the mileage went too high on my powertrain warranty. Have had it a hair over 11 months now and have 12,500 on it. I only keep my trucks around 4 years though so that means I will get rid of it at approx 50-55K. I do not expect any major problems with it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.