DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have about 30k miles on my truck and my brakes a squeaking. Did any of you need brakes this early, if so what pads/rotors did you use?

·
Big Bubba
575 Posts
I'm at 43k and don't need them yet, but probably will soon. I don't know what I am going with when I change them, but I also am curious what everyone else out there is running.

·
Registered
255 Posts
At 50K I rotated tires and saw the brake pads at 1/2 life. At 75K when I rotated tires the pads were just about to scrape the discs. Since I had to go to work the next day, I just went to Advanced Auto and bought their best set for $120 front and back. The calipers were very easy to take off.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
mine are at 90k and need replacement

·
Code Red
2,612 Posts
I'm at 48K and so far no problems. Haven't looked at the pads to see how much life is left.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I just turned 44K and no issues 1/2 life........Me Happy

I will most likely go with a Napa Brand......some day, unless you folks advise better.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I have about 30k miles on my truck and my brakes a squeaking. Did any of you need brakes this early, if so what pads/rotors did you use?
It's just dust, the brakes are cool man! You should be good till at least 80 me thinks! And BTW- we only use rotors and pads off of an Abrahms Tank. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
441 Posts
37k and they still feel as good as they always have...

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
My rear are squeaking on my '05, but it shouldn't be because I need new brakes. I only have 12k miles on it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
My rear are squeaking on my '05, but it shouldn't be because I need new brakes. I only have 12k miles on it.
Only 12k? I thought my truck sat in the driveway alot, I have
18.5k on my 05. We need to get out more!

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
lol

I dont need to get out more, I just use it when I need it. and I want to keep the miles low since Im keeping it for a while when I pay it off. it'll be garaged once we build our house and i'll probably buy another truck after that time.

It's kind of like my '00 Harley and my '06 Yamaha Banshee. Everyone always "complains" to me that I don't "use" them or "ride" them at all, so why do I have them. Well, two reasons

1) Because I can afford to have toys.
2) When I do want to take a spin, they're sitting there waiting, in excellent condition, for me to hop on and ride.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Had my front brakes replaced at 28,000.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
643 Posts
Pads...dealer asked me what I tow. I think it was from all of the rocks that I play on. I know that I did a number on the pad the first 2 years I have owned the PW.

Been in some situations were I laid on the brakes quite a bit from going down Rock Play grounds!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I'm at 60k something and so far they are fine.

·
Registered
196 Posts
lol

I dont need to get out more, I just use it when I need it. and I want to keep the miles low since Im keeping it for a while when I pay it off. it'll be garaged once we build our house and i'll probably buy another truck after that time.

It's kind of like my '00 Harley and my '06 Yamaha Banshee. Everyone always "complains" to me that I don't "use" them or "ride" them at all, so why do I have them. Well, two reasons

1) Because I can afford to have toys.
2) When I do want to take a spin, they're sitting there waiting, in excellent condition, for me to hop on and ride.
I hear you! Add tools and guns to that catagory also. They don't have an expiration date.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.