Votes: 50 52.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how long people usually keep their trucks? Mine is an 04, and this is the longest I've ever owned a vehicle. I'm usually a every three year kind of guy, but it's funny how the wife wants the new vehicle spending to slow down- LOL.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
seems to be every 2-2.5 years, but this july will be 2 years for my 07 ram. not getting rid of her anytime soon tho

·
Registered
837 Posts
I tend to keep until I drive them into the ground. I hate car payments. My first Toyota truck I had for 7 years. Needed a new transmission and engine rebuild. Second toyota 11 years. Needed a lot of work (Was actually shocked how much Lithia gave me on the trade in. I told them everything that was wrong with it) I plan on keeping this one until it falls apart.

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
i use to trade like i change socks but this ram will be with me untill it dies (not reall ) i figure i will keep it for at least 3 to 4 more years then trade i hope to another dodge but a 2500 next

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was in the habbit of trading every several years untill I ordered my 99 Sport in Sept of 98. I kept that truck till Oct of 06. Traded it for a pos 04 Stratus that went bye bye in Oct of 07. The 03 Ram I have now is a nice truck, but it can't replace the 99. The wifes car will be paid off this summer and I have talked her into letting me buy a new truck when that happens. We'll see how good her memory is in 6-8 months.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I keepem till they die. The 97' 2500 4x4 CC LB V10 that i have now I bought in 98', and it still runs as strong as it did the day I bought it. When this one dies I'll trade it in for somethen else. Really wish Dodge would come out with a full size SUV like the suburban.

Somethen like this would be cool, but a little longer. Like based off a crewcab long bed instead of a short bed.

·
Certified M.D.
29 Posts
I only had my 02 for 2.5 years but my 97 was 4 years and this one I just picked up will be 7+ years. I quess this is the first truck that I bought that has everything I want on it. She is definitely a keeper

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
This is the longest I've had a ride for some time... and that's because I've been in Japan for 2 of those years. lol

Other than that... I've had my '66 for 14 years.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I had my 97 ram 1500 for 8 years now. I purchased it in March of '01. You don't know how bad I want a new truck!! I put alot of money into this one.

·
Where is the snow?
4,118 Posts
This is the longest I've ever kept a vehicle....I'm usually 3 years. It'll be 4 on May 14 or 15.

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
it depends, the last few cars ive had i bought for 500 bucks and sold them for 2-3 grand. This is the first vehicle ive owned with a monthly payment.

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
well, imma keep mine till i run er into the ground:rck:

once the body falls off, imma get it redone, to look like this here;D

Attachments

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
i trade them in when they need an oil change. J/k, my brother does that.

·
Where is the snow?
4,118 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.