DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyaz guys, well, the reason im wondering this is because I just got information that my new headlights are being shipped to my house friday! Im going with the chrome ones for my black ram, I cant wait. I was wondering how much time I should allot to install them before I go to work. I wanna wake up before work early enough to install them before heading in. (I work night shifts so I need them in before i go to work.... you know... so I can see in the dark.)

Note: im not to mechanically inclined so willmore then likely take a little more time to do for me then most of you. :)

Thanks

· RamFever
606 Posts
Like said above no more than changing the bulbs. Everyone has different times, depends on the tools you have like the socket extenstion to reach that bottom screw and how fat your fingers are. Just go out there and take them out and put them back in just to see how long it would take you. Took me about 30 minutes because I had already taken mine out to replace bulbs with silverstars.

· Registered
848 Posts
I've had mine out several times. I find it easiest to lower the bumper cover. This allows easier access to the bottom bolt on the headlight. Takes me about 1/2 hour to lower the cover, remove headlights, put new headlights in, and raise and allign bumper cover.

· Registered
40 Posts
I watched the guy change my bulbs out and there was 3 bolts i think, 2 up top and one on the bootom between the headlight assembly and the bumbper took him like 15min to do it

· Registered
562 Posts
EZ4U2CHere said:
Takes me about 1/2 hour to lower the cover, remove headlights, put new headlights in, and raise and allign bumper cover.
You just helped me out. My bumper cover is lower on the drivers side and it's always bugged me - didn't realize it could be adjusted - thanks. :cool:

· Registered
848 Posts
05_hemi said:
You just helped me out. My bumper cover is lower on the drivers side and it's always bugged me - didn't realize it could be adjusted - thanks. :cool:
I know what you mean. Mine came from the dealer all the way down with a huge gap. I didn't know it adjusted til another Dodge owner told me my truck would look better if I raised the bumper cover. :)

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
K, ty guys. Hopefully ill get them in this friday and get some pics up :)

· --> UNITY <--
2,431 Posts
No time at all, I actuall did mine while at work twice - once for the lights, and one again for new silverstars(love my job). The bottom one is a slight bolt pain, but no prob witha 1/4 extension and a piece of tape on the head of the bolt to keep it from falling off teh socket. I just put down a papertowel between the bumper cover and extension/ratchet so I don't scratch the paint up. All in all took me only like 15 total for both sides

· RamFever
606 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
lol.. you don't need to remove headlights when replacing bulbs... looks like 99% of people take out the whole assembly when changing bulbs. :D
You do unless you have small hands to get to the driver side. Or unless you move the fuse box which would take longer then removing the whole assembly.

· Registered
4,328 Posts
45 minutes max if you know what to do

THe torx screw in the lower corner is kinda tricky to get out

Here is what I used

· --> UNITY <--
2,431 Posts
uncbob said:
45 minutes max if you know what to do

THe torx screw in the lower corner is kinda tricky to get out

Here is what I used
Must be different with 05's - no torx needed here at all, just 3 bolts per light.......

· Registered
96 Posts
Took me about 15mins to take both assemblies out and put back in. The 3 screws are easy to get out with an extension. The hardest part is wiggling the entier assembly out without scratching the bumper

· Registered
848 Posts
The '02 must be different than the '03 thru '05. My '03 just has 3 bolts. 10mm if I recall correctly.

· Registered
4,328 Posts
AtlanticRam said:
Took me about 15mins to take both assemblies out and put back in. The 3 screws are easy to get out with an extension. The hardest part is wiggling the entier assembly out without scratching the bumper
Just put some masking tape over the bumper area where it will be exposed

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.