DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you remove the factory stereo so i can put in a aftermarket cd player?

i don't have the infinity sound on this truck, so i should be able to slip in the new aftermarket and wire it up with the proper wire harness, correct?

but my main thing is getting the dam factory one out first. :help:

·
Registered
122 Posts
The bezel snaps out but there is one screw that holds it in where the hook on the passenger side. After that it's a couple screws if I remember correctly. Been a year since I've done my deck on my 04.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Mav

haven't purchased my deck yet, but was cleaning the truck yesterday and was fiddling around with the factory stereo, i think the CD part is going out...so i was trying to figure out at least how to get it out...:crazy:

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
I just swapped HUs again and have to redo my grounds today when I get off work because Ive got some bad alternator whine so Ill take some pics for you.

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
There is a screw behind the bag hook, once you remove that you can pull the bag hook and the bezel starts to pop off. Then there are 4 bolts holding the factory stereo in, they are either 7 or 8 MM. Then you just need to pick up a wire harness and install kit. I got both of mine at Autozone and was very pleased with how the install kit fit the dash opening.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
There is a screw behind the bag hook, once you remove that you can pull the bag hook and the bezel starts to pop off. Then there are 4 bolts holding the factory stereo in, they are either 7 or 8 MM. Then you just need to pick up a wire harness and install kit. I got both of mine at Autozone and was very pleased with how the install kit fit the dash opening.
hmmm, mine were just + head screws

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
hmmm, mine were just + head screws
Being I just pulled mine out last night I can teo you they are both. They are a hex head screw with a phillips fittings on them. It just depends on which tool you wanna use.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awesome, thanks again guys!

i ain't the smartest apple that fell from the tree, that's why the dash was confusing me, i was litterally thinking, "what the hell"

:thatfunny:thatfunny

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Being I just pulled mine out last night I can teo you they are both. They are a hex head screw with a phillips fittings on them. It just depends on which tool you wanna use.

I just remembered using a socket to remove them. Don't remember why though. :dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.