DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2009 Ram 1500 St that did not have a cruise switch installed when I bought it, all I had to do to get cruise control on my truck was find a steering wheel in the junkyard, a basic wheel with no buttons on it, that's what my ST Ram came with, find one with the cruise switch, the one I got cost me $85. ***Don't try to use a more advance wheel then what you truck came with, it won't work***. I pulled my air bag...( like every one has said many times before, make sure to disconnect your battery before removing the air bag and wait 10 minutes before removing).. You can do a search for a youtube video on how to remove the air bag on a Ram if you have not done it before.

Now once you fine the wheel, if it is in good shape pull your wheel and install the junkyard wheel, put the air bag back on and your done. However if the junkyard wheel is not in good shape you can still use it and maybe get it for less then I got mine, in my case the wheel I got was in good shape but had some sun damage from sitting in the junkyard in a truck with no glass in it. So I removed the back cover and pulled the wires and cruise switch, installed them in my wheel and I was done, Cruise working just fine in my 2009 ST RAM 1500.
I save over $400, that is what a shop wanted to install cruise in my truck, or I saved $70 if I bought the switch on line, but doing it my way I didn't have to build a wire harness. plug and play the easy way:rck:

Just a few more things I got a wheel puller on loan from my auto part store after paying deposit and returning it when done, the puller cost me zero$$$, you will also need a Torx, or(torgue) Screwdriver to fix the screws in the wheel.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.