DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How high can i go before i have to start extending brake lines, clocking T-case, and custom length drive shafts and all that good stuff? I'm shooting for 5" more, on top of my 2 1/2 coil spacer, 2" taller block, 3" body lift. I have a list of parts some where but i cant find it. So off the top of my head i need a track bar drop bracket, longer shocks, longer control arms, 5" coils, Shackle flip, and drop pitman arm

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok sweet, I'm going shoot for right around 7".

·
Mopar owner since 1977
1,204 Posts
That seems about right, but at 5 inches of suspension lift you can start having some interference issues depending on the truck. Usually the front dive shaft needs a bit of grinding at the the CV joint and brake lines get a bit stretched under full extension.
Me personally, I'd use an aftermarket adjustable track bar and you should use a drop pittman. Having your steering linkage and track bar parallel minimizes bump steer.
If you don't mind a choppy ride you can use longer control arms in the stock location. 5 inch is the crux where you would go to a longer, relocated control arm.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 1/2 ton.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
My truck a 2500 needed cocked at 7" lift I bought longer brake line as the rear after 5" gets streached they are not that expensive.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Our sales manager had a 97 1/2 ton with 10 in. of lift on stock drive lines, brake lines, and no clock on the t case. Had a dropped pitman arm, different track bar, and custom long arm.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
All I can say is something must be diffrent bcause my 2000 at 8" suspension the front shaft hit its self and thats not at droop. You can grind the shaft but wanted it done right and clocking was necessary on mine. I have a 2500 v10. My back brake line had to be unbolted from the frame but was real tight at droop so for longer life it will need extended.The front will be fine except most aftermarket brake lines are braided and you don't want to mix rubber with braided so just do them all wasunder 100 for all three. I do have the rock krawler track bar and long arm they were well worth the money and a extreme drop pitman and I bought most of my stuff from Topguncustomz and the brake lines got out of the back of a 4x4 magazine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.