DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im heading to the track tomorrow, and I was wondering how to accomplish this. I know you unhook the metal strings, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the bottom off?

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
your going to race and you cant figure out how to take off your tailgate... :crazy:

·
Registered
98 Posts
4404spd said:
your going to race and you cant figure out how to take off your tailgate... :crazy:
Hah... I shouldn't be laughing because I don't know how to either but its a funny thought

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Remove the 2 cables then lift tailgate straight off.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
open your tailgate about halfway and pick the right side up out of its slot, it has a opening in it, then pull the gate to the right and its off...

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
RamAlam said:
2 man job
I do it on my own all the time...so how is it a 2 person job?

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Cuz some people are scared that one end might fall and then it ends up on the ground... I wouldnt want to do it own my own too.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
section8ff said:
I do it on my own all the time...so how is it a 2 person job?
i do it myself also, but if they feel uneasy about it they should have some help. better then dropping it...

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
4404spd said:
i do it myself also, but if they feel uneasy about it they should have some help. better then dropping it...
true...I forget that the way I do things are different from others...gotta remember this more often...

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Just do like said and take it off.

You guys that are afraid to do it yourself need to hit the weights more, LOL!

·
Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,129 Posts
The tailgates are very light, definetly a one person job. But if you aren't sure about it get some help the first time, like a spotter. And get yourself an '06 tailgate spoiler, it's a great handle. :rck:

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got it off. I did it easy. Couldn't figure it out before, confused the crap outta me. Seems pretty light, but its still a nice load of weight that I don't need for the track. Thanks guys.

·
Registered Abuser
163 Posts
it takes 2 people for me to do it.

me to watch. . . and my old man takes it off

·
Registered
44 Posts
Go and get a load of rock and open the tail gate, that will get it off, mine came off in my hands.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.