FIAT = Fix It Again Tony

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
no

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
Fiat is the parent company to Ferrarri..... (Fast)
It's hard to believe the same company that came up with Fiat X19 also is the parent to Ferrarri.

·
rowdymopar
481 Posts
I say Ram in Italian the Same way I say Plymouth in
German " HOSEJOBie' " sounds like another Foreighn take over after all the success of the last one . If it going to take 2 years to put these cars on the US market , why cant Chrysler retool some North American plants that are now sitting idol due to low demand of current products ( the New Jersey or St. Louis plants comes to mind ) & desighn & build similar cars on there own , surely there is something somewere in the developmental stage as far as better fuel efficiant engines & small body cars to get a ball rolling . or did Dailmler put the screws to us that bad that there is no designs anywere for such a car . Sorry everyone but it smells like another Take Over SELL out to me . at first everyone raved about the Merger of Equals . Dailmler boosted its world share of the Market wile it rapped & lowered Chryslers share . America has lost it's Balls , It's Grit , It's will to WIN . What do you think Walter P. would have to say about all of this ????

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
If your problem is that they are forgien, so is Canada and Mexico which supply many of the parts currently.
I suspect that Chrysler would (is) having a hard time getting capital together to re-tool the plants for smaller vehichles... Damn the unregulated banks that caused this problem in the first place by loaning no-existant funds and asking us to cover there asses.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
You can't include Canada in the "foreign" debate. Canada buys more US cars and parts then it exports to the US.

·
Clinically Certified
735 Posts
I don't consider Canada foreign either...but truth be known...there aint much true American in America either.....the face of America is changing

·
rowdymopar
481 Posts
It's hard to consider Canada forgien they have been makeing parts for Chrysler cars & trucks in Canada for longer than most of us have been alive . Most of the electrical parts on my 67' GTX were made in Canada my problem is not that there forgien as much as it is how baddly will Chrysler be rapped this time . I dislike the fact that Cerberus is giving away over 1/3 of the Chrysler Corp. for the use of a small car , Wene the US small car market is flooded & to be honest controled & dominated by Toyota & Honda , is the small ecno car a 1/3 of Chrysler sales ??? is it worth it. It makes Chrysler look even weaker in the eyes of the General Public. " what they cant build there own cars " ??

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
You don't understand the scope of this. Fiat selling cars and parts thru the Chrysler network will HELP Chrysler more than it will help Fiat. Chrysler has all the infrastructure in place for them and also extra capacity in plants to build some of their product. This is the very BEST scenario for Chrysler of any that have been mentioned so far.

·
rowdymopar
481 Posts
I hope your right Ram3500 but to me it still reminds me of the Merger of Equals . I'm still not buying into the whole thing , But thats just my opinion for what it's worth.

·
Registered
238 Posts
It's very sad to see what's going on these days with brands that gave the world products like the Challenger of the 60's (or the current one), Camaros, Barracudas, etc... they were so strong once...

The thing is the world has globalized while America was just looking within it's frontiers for so long, and while this happened a strong american market encouraged car companies to look inside only because they were making money. When oil became more scarse, american citizens still enjoyed cheap gasoline prices, maybe too cheap, and manufacturers neglected size and weight of their cars, because it didn't matter how "fat" the vehicle was, you could still slam a 5+ liter engine in there and still make it move pretty decent.

Don't get me wrong, I DO LIKE such cars as the current Challenger, Charger, Magnum, etc... but story would be so different if amongst those cars chrysler had efficient small cars, like a "diet" line of cars for the dieters on the market... that would also allow chrysler to tempt a slice on the market outside the US (and I don't mean Canada or even Mexico...)

I really hope this Fiat thing really helps to strengthen the chrysler corp, and I also hope they don't over-do-it and just kill cars like the charger and Durango and Ram... they already killed the Magnum...

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
I think it is a good Idea. By the way is sounds Chrysler will get two samll cars from Fiat and two more from the Nissan deal. This is a way to keep americans employed and boost chryslers small car image.

Remember the Hornet concept from a few years ago. It was a sweet looking small car. By the way it looks it will almost be able to fit right on the Fiat 500 (Same class as the Mini Cooper) wheel base. From what I'm reading the 500 out performs the Mini.

Also this deal gives Chrysler a foothold outside of the US with all of Fiats plants. That is another thing Chrysler has wanted for years.

I just hope Cerburs buy the last 20% from Benz and not Fiat. I will not be happy if that happens.

·
rowdymopar
481 Posts
the only problem with the last 20 % is I think alot of that are company's Daimler / Chrysler bought up during there years together , like Frieghtliner , Detroit Diesel , Sterling , I think there were a few others . Big Rig Diesel Companys . , Now weather or not Daimlier will let go of these cash cows is another thing . & for what price ??

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
None of those companies are in with Chrysler. Those are all wholly owned by Daimler.

·
Registered
34 Posts
American employment ?

I think it is a good Idea. By the way is sounds Chrysler will get two samll cars from Fiat and two more from the Nissan deal. This is a way to keep americans employed and boost chryslers small car image.

Remember the Hornet concept from a few years ago. It was a sweet looking small car. By the way it looks it will almost be able to fit right on the Fiat 500 (Same class as the Mini Cooper) wheel base. From what I'm reading the 500 out performs the Mini.

Also this deal gives Chrysler a foothold outside of the US with all of Fiats plants. That is another thing Chrysler has wanted for years.

I just hope Cerburs buy the last 20% from Benz and not Fiat. I will not be happy if that happens.
I don't think it is going to employ many Americans. Most or all are going to be built in Mexico with the 1/2 ton Ram moving in 2011.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.