DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Where is my money tree?
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate how the vents blow hot air. I know there is a mod to do to make them not blow hot air, I just don't know the details.

Would like to know specifics before I go cutting up hoses.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
CHAMP said:
:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

just make sure you had synthetic blinker fluid when replacing the bulbs. that should take care of it.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Im not sure I understand the question here. Are you referring to having the system shut OFF and the vents still "cepe" warm air into the cabin?

If that is the case, Turn on your AC, Switch the fan to HIGH, and then Move the Position selector to "Recirculate"... Once you hear the internal fan kick on (What I call the TURBO fan), turn the fan switch to OFF....

This should lock the system into "Recirculate" and not allow for any fresh (hot) air to enter the cab...

Try that.

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
Dskirtech said:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Im not sure I understand the question here. Are you referring to having the system shut OFF and the vents still "cepe" warm air into the cabin?

If that is the case, Turn on your AC, Switch the fan to HIGH, and then Move the Position selector to "Recirculate"... Once you hear the internal fan kick on (What I call the TURBO fan), turn the fan switch to OFF....

This should lock the system into "Recirculate" and not allow for any fresh (hot) air to enter the cab...

Try that.
i would have to agree w/ this i run my truck on the recerc all the time and when its off there is nothing blowing out of the vents.

·
Where is my money tree?
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lottsa help so far...

Okay, when I have the vents open not on recirculate, they blow air that is hotter then outside air.

It has to do with the heater core always being warm so when on vent mode it really blows warmer air...even with the temperature knob all the way down.

An old thread...Im not crazy

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
idk..... i mean when i put my knob on cold w/o the ac on the air comes in a lil warmer then outside but if its like 50 degreese out then its comin in pretty nice, but iv never really had a prob wit it

·
Where is my money tree?
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I believe the problem here is it is not 50 degrees but 70-80 degrees(right now). I would love to run the vent more because it will help the gas mileage.

·
Registered
322 Posts
That sounds like something is wrong. If the temp control is all the way on cool, you shouldn't be getting heated air. Sounds like the "doors" in the duct work aren't working right.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The air will still receive residual heat because of the hot water circulating through. The auto makers discovered they could save a nickel by no longer putting a shutoff box in the engine compartment. Try blocking it and you will see the difference.

Attachments

·
Drug Dealer
666 Posts
prczx6r said:
When I first read the thread heading, I thought maybe he had the same problem as me, but then I realized he wasn't talking about his wife!
I don't know why it was uncalled for... I thought it was funny. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.