Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I replace these bushings?

:help:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
I think you have to get a whole new door hindge from the dealership

By the looks of that spring, your lube, and the hinge piece that holds the door midway open, you should just replace it..

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you have to get a whole new door hindge from the dealership

By the looks of that spring, your lube, and the hinge piece that holds the door midway open, you should just replace it..
I was really hoping it wasn't a case of ... "The only way you can get that part is to buy the whole assembly; you know, the whole door!"

:mad:

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Shouldnt have to get a new door, go to a body shop they should be able to unbolt the door and fix the hindge or replace it.. and put it back on for you..

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's nuts! I shouldn't have to buy the whole hinge just because I need a ten cent bushing!

:jmad:

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Grind off the hindge and see if you can find a bushing that will fit in there

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
go to the junk yard and take one of a wreaked truck

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
go to the junk yard and take one of a wreaked truck
I may do that; I want the 36-gallon tank as well as the 1-ton trans cooler.

:)

·
The White Collar *******
1,807 Posts
They used to make pin and bushing repair kits, but not sure if they made them for the Ram.

The hinges may be bolted and welded on. The hardest part about changing hinges is getting the door fit right aftwerwards.

Changing the hingle is probably faster than replacing the pin/ bushing (unless you can just knock that pin out), if the hinge isn't welded.

I wouldn't think the door and hinge would be a joint assembly.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They used to make pin and bushing repair kits, but not sure if they made them for the Ram.

The hinges may be bolted and welded on. The hardest part about changing hinges is getting the door fit right aftwerwards.

Changing the hingle is probably faster than replacing the pin/ bushing (unless you can just knock that pin out), if the hinge isn't welded.

I wouldn't think the door and hinge would be a joint assembly.
Late this week or early next week, I'll calling Art at Henson. I have a list of stuff I need for my cylinder head(s) replacement. I'll ask Art what a new hinge goes for and if it's too much, I'll add the hinge to my junk yard list.

:)

·
The White Collar *******
1,807 Posts
I'm betting its white lithium, the lube, at least. Thats what I use on my hinges.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, it's white grease. What you don't see; I cleaned most of it off for the photo.

I have a bad cylinder head so I have been keeping fresh oil in the engine. I do not understand why a grease monkey can see there's lube on the hinge and there's no need to add to the blob.

:dunno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.