DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What combo's are available to get 6" of drop in the rear?

I'm hoping I can use my drop leaf springs....what else would I need? (besides smaller tires and a notch...)

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
adamsredlines said:
What combo's are available to get 6" of drop in the rear?

I'm hoping I can use my drop leaf springs....what else would I need? (besides smaller tires and a notch...)
drop leafs and 2" drop shackles should get you close to a 6" drop.

Or you can go with a flip kit and stock shackles.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
adamsredlines said:
If I'm not mistaken, Brian said shackles wouldnt give me the 2" out back if I already have the leafsprings....
Oh...I was told by others that have this setup that the shackles did make a difference. You probably wont get the full 6", but I would bet you easily get between 5-5.5".

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
Oh...I was told by others that have this setup that the shackles did make a difference. You probably wont get the full 6", but I would bet you easily get between 5-5.5".
Oh...they do make a difference but I said he couldnt get the 6" out of it without going with removing leafs and such too....one of the drawbacks of using drop leafs.And 2" shackles added to drop leafs wont drop 2" on them nor when adding to stock suspension.Tons of guys have drop leafs and short shackles,they didnt get 6" because none have c-notches either.

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
I had the 4" leafs and added the shackles and it brought me down to about 5.5" in the rear. After the sub box was added it weighed so much that my leafs are actually arched down over the axle and now is at around 7.5" in the back.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
KYKillerKlown said:
I had the 4" leafs and added the shackles and it brought me down to about 5.5" in the rear. After the sub box was added it weighed so much that my leafs are actually arched down over the axle and now is at around 7.5" in the back.
That was my guess...5.5" drop with shackles

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
KYKillerKlown said:
You ever get a notch??

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I guess I could try springs and shackles and add a notch if needed.

I have the shorter bumpstops in the back already cause it used to bottom out like mad...

Hey Brian, how much shipped for 2" springs and shackles.

Also, can I still use the shocks I have?

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
adamsredlines said:
Well I guess I could try springs and shackles and add a notch if needed.

I have the shorter bumpstops in the back already cause it used to bottom out like mad...

Hey Brian, how much shipped for 2" springs and shackles.

Also, can I still use the shocks I have?
what tires do you have??

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I have the Hotchkis leafs with Belltech drop shackles. Put me pretty much perfectly level. I say I have a 5" drop out back. Its a nice look for me.

August pic, with stock 275/60-20"s.

September pic with Falken 295/50-20"s.

KB

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
slammed1 said:
You ever get a notch??
Not yet, I need one badly since the frame is pretty much laying on the axle. I run over a crack in the pavement and it jars my teeth loose. That is first on my list to do when I get some extra money.

I wish you could see how much my drop leafs are arched over the axle, it probably isn't a good thing either. Have been thinking about going to a flip with short shackles and hoping that the stock leafs dont bend as much as the drop leafs do. I guess there is always an air assist to fix that though. Must find money.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
KB112 said:
I have the Hotchkis leafs with Belltech drop shackles. Put me pretty much perfectly level. I say I have a 5" drop out back. Its a nice look for me.
The Falken's give it more of a sport appearance...nice choice!!

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've got the stock tires now...

I'm ordering some 45's soon ;)

I looked at your site for that info, just couldnt find this bit.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
adamsredlines said:
I've got the stock tires now...

I'm ordering some 45's soon ;)

I looked at your site for that info, just couldnt find this bit.
275/55/20's or 275/60/20's?? The 60's are about 1" taller I believe.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
The Falken's give it more of a sport appearance...nice choice!!
I think so too. Gracias. Plus the handling is so much better. :tup:

KB

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.