DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Sicker Than All
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking about doing something to my exhaust pretty soon. i can't decide between a cut-out and a Dynomax bullet muffler. i ran a dynomax bullet muffler for a few days (dumped) and it was way too loud so i put my stock stuff back on. i'm thinking with the pipes coming out the back it will be quite a bit quieter. i had a 5.0 mustang that i had dumped, the difference in interior sound was huge (from loud to give you headaches, that was no cats and bullet mufflers).

i liked the way the bullet muffler sounded on my durango, but i'm not sure if i want loud all the time. if the cut-outs sound decent on the 4.7s i might just get one of them instead so i can have it either way. it'd also be mounted after the cat.

i've had quite a few beers so i'm not sure if this makes complete sense, sorry. :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a 3 inch cut out on mine, I LOVE IT! It is loud, it sets of car alarms, my neighbors hate it, but I really enjoy it. Mine is a 5.9 though, so I don't know the difference in sound between the two. I like it because I can just put the cover back on it whenever I want and it is quiet/stock again. I have it right after the cat. On the dyno it showed I gain like 20 lb/ft of torque with it uncovered. I'm actually considering getting an electronic cut out soon...no more crawling underneath the Durango, just open or closed with the flip of a switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.