DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if/how I would be able to have a rollpan put on my truck. The truck came with a hitch from the factory, and I don't know if you have seen them, but they stick out pretty good right now, I can't imagine it with a rollpan. I need a hitch to pull my trailer for my lawn business, so any of you guys have any ideas? I have heard of a "hidden hitch", but how would I relocate the hitch I have now? Thanks, Pat.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I don't know about on the new 3rd gen trucks, but we put one on a 2nd gen 97 1500 and all we had to do was cut 2 slots in the roll pan for the part of the hitch that was in the way of it, and it ended up looking good. The roll pans line up with the body corners on the back just put a straight edge across it or eyeball it and see what will be sticking out, and go from there.

·
RAW RAM 1500
261 Posts
king of pain is having his truck fabbed up by street scene.you'll have to remove that piece slammed showed you and get one of the hitches kop is having put on.i'm sure he'll chime in soon.i know this because i that is the piece off my truck in post #3.and i'm looking to throw a "hidden" hitch on to myself

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah guys, I need to have a hitch, and if anyone could explain how the "hidden hitch" works that'd be awesome, thanks.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
how much and how much labor?

·
RAW RAM 1500
261 Posts
Where did you get that b?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
does any one know if a fiberglass roll pan will work (with cutting) with the factory hitch but i want a roll pan without a place for the license plate. i want to put the electric swing down on so my plate will be hidden and shown when i want.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
or metal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.