Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

· Registered
641 Posts
Possible by the end of the week.

· New Project!...Again!
3,276 Posts
They are going to do a complete delete? Sweet. That would be worth updating...lol

· morgan1488
232 Posts
sum thing tells me this is bs superchips dont care about us but if it true that would b great news

· I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
14,475 Posts
They've been promising "sometime next week" for 3 weeks now. Same with the shift control for the '07. Should be next week....

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
I really wish I had a flashpaq and was able to take advantage of this when it is available.
Diablo will be out soon enough matt...

when are you gettin your truck back?

· Banned
11,103 Posts
RubberFrog said:
They've been promising "sometime next week" for 3 weeks now. Same with the shift control for the '07. Should be next week....
They haven't promised anything. The lead programmer said yesterday, in the forum, that he was shooting for this week. The 2007's will have the shift control update you mentioned.

The original thread started on 11/07. He was gathering serials to send in a large compile of all the fixes mentioned (Idle, Transmission clunk, 2nd gear PRIME, and 1-2 shift).

http://www.flashpaq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2827&start=0

2nd prime will not be deleted. It will be extended out to 70 MPH, from 53 MPH. With the new update, if you're at WOT below 70 MPH, you'll hit 2nd gear.

I think they're making the tuner better and better. While it may not be what some are looking for (ultimate configurability), it's still a pretty darn good tuner and it works for many. :)

Sil

· Registered
28,764 Posts
SilsHemi said:
I think they're making the tuner better and better. While it may not be what some are looking for (ultimate configurability), it's still a pretty darn good tuner and it works for many. :)

Sil
I agree. Lots of guys complain about Superchips, but as of now, it is still the best thing available.

· I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
14,475 Posts
SilsHemi said:
They haven't promised anything....
Well, I don't know how it works where you live, but when a man says he'll be doing something "within the week" and three weeks pass by... he's not living up to his word. Let's not play semantics and get caught up in the definition of "promise."

SC has made a lot of promises that they have yet to deliver on. That sounds a lot like broken promises to me, and this new transmission stuff sounds like more of the same. I'll believe them when they release it and it works on my truck.

· I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
14,475 Posts
SilsHemi said:
Where I live, we click on the link provided. We read what the SC programmer said yesterday, in the thread, and we make an informed decision from there. It's really a simple process. :)

Sil
So where you live, what someone said in the past doesn't matter? It goes to credibility your honor. ;)

I didn't need to click on the link because I had previously read it on the flashpaq forum. You seem to be missing the part where I don't believe the words coming out of the programers mouth. I hope they're telling the truth this time. I really do. Unfortunately it is probably just more of the same from superchips.

· Banned
11,103 Posts
RubberFrog said:
So where you live, what someone said in the past doesn't matter? It goes to credibility your honor. ;)
Actually, where I live we talk to the person or business first. We find out why they can't deliver on a promise. If it's out of that person's control, which it is in this instance, we try to understand. In this case, MSD will not allow Superchips to create anything that won't gain CARB approval. That's MSD's mission compliance mission statement and they're dead set on carrying it out.

The SC programmer is trying to include features that will make the tune better. He wants you to have shift control for your 07 and that will happen. He wants you to have a less error free tune and that will happen as well. He's doing all he can and working extremely hard to do it, within the framework MSD has established for him. To me, at least, those are honorable and credible actions by that employee. He can't possibly control what his company is mandating him to do.

Diablo will be there for you soon enough and happy times will be here again, we hope. ;)

Sil

· I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
14,475 Posts
SilsHemi said:
...Diablo will be there for you soon enough and happy times will be here again, we hope. ;)

Sil
Nah, diablo will suck too! :D

I appreciate that you have respect for superchips. That's your opinion and I respect that. We just don't share the same opinion. Nothing personal.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.