DodgeTalk Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Home of the Whopper
1,769 Posts
Very nice looking box there. My single 12" sealed box thumps very well. This must be insane. I need one. :D

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Another feature that the new dual sub boxes will have is a vent cap that you can screw over the vent opening on the back of the box to seal the box. In the past I've had customers that insisted on having a sealed box because they wanted sound quality over spl. Now with the new box design you can try it both ways and decide what you like.
I've tried several different brands and models of subs so far in the dual 12 vented box. Even though the box is 1.5 ft3 per side and some of the sub manufacturers recommend 1.75-2.25 vented, they still play deep and play twice as loud running the box vented instead of sealed.
For years Memphis Audio has been telling there dealers that there 12 inch subs will work well in vented boxes as small as 1.25 even though they recommend 2.25. The main difference is the power needed and the issue of fitting the port inside such a compact box. As the box gets smaller the power needed to push the sub increases.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Why the change from the old plastic boxes?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another feature that the new dual sub boxes will have is a vent cap that you can screw over the vent opening on the back of the box to seal the box.
That is very cool. I did something similar on a fiberglass box i built for my old jeep. I used round PVC for the ports and at home depot they sell "test plugs" that can be used to seal up the PVC so it can be pressure tested.

So I could flip back and forth between sealed and ported. Ported was always much louder, but certain types of music would cause my subs to bottom out. It was nice to have the option.

Will you have to pull the box out of the truck in order to seal it up?

·
Varooom !!!
256 Posts
Since this new design seems to be MDF rather than the previous style of moulded plastic, are these going to be covered in gray cloth like every other sub box on the planet?

Why the change to MDF?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sale Date?

:dunno:Is there a change to your release date on this box? The website says they would be available last week of April, but I still haven't seen anything yet. Im anxiously waiting! I know you're a busy man but could please get an update?!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'll shoot spome pics and put them on the site so you guys can start placing orders. I've been shipping to my dealers for the last week and its going to be about a week before I catch up on there orders and start shipping online orders.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dont forget to send me an invoice for the price diffrence. I ordered a single box back in febuary but waited til the dual 12's would be finsihed.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts