DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around Nevada this weekend (105F) and noticed that the transmission seemed to be intermittently revving up higher than normal, from idle to around 2,000 RPM. It acted similar to that of a super cold day and the transmission logic keeps the revs high to warm up the transmission fluid. Basically the engine was louder than normal due to the revs.

It would go away periodically and then come back again and then go away. Once you got past 2,000 RPM it would be OK, at least it sounded normal (i.e. not too much engine rev noise).

Anybody else experienced this phenomenon?

Thanks,

Willy

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've had the same problem here in Tucson on very hot days. I took it in last week and got the dreaded "cannot duplicate". If a code isn't kicked out and the stealership can't duplicate it, you're basically screwed. Mine has done it several times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Haven't noticed that problem with my Hemi Durango here in east Texas...maybe the humidity keeps things lubricated :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the Durango in for some *more* AC re-work after latest TSB was done on it. Told them about the high-rev transmission problem on extremely hot days and they were not able to find a DTC or trouble code in the computer.

Basically not reproduceable so they just left it, same as emrobin.

Got to get this firmware problem fixed ...

Willy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.